Brand visibility is as the name suggests, being a visible brand. You can make your presence known in the market in many ways. From SEO tactics to exciting offers and fun content. You must understand how to draw people to your brand.
Visibility deals with drawing potential consumers to you. It rates your brand’s visibility to target audiences. So, you must understand how to measure it as well as the location. In other words, you should calculate brand visibility on the basis of each channel and not on average.
In this article, we will discuss the meaning of brand visibility. Besides that, you will discover strategies and tips to make your brand visible.
In pochi punti:
What is Brand Visibility?
Brand Visibility counts how often a target audience views your brand. It understands your presence on different marketing platforms. For instance, social media, ads or search engines. This concept is more important now that we live in the digital age.
But, the test is to produce a steady brand image. It is also important to create eye-catching ideas to reach your target audience.
Brand visibility is a part of brand awareness, which describes different techniques. These techniques help you understand your brand’s total coverage. You can also find out its likeability in the market. You should use concepts like brand perception and visibility while building your brand. Not only do they add to your brand awareness, but also define your brand value.
Benefits and Importance
Before launching a new business, first, understand why brand visibility is important.
- Consistency: If you think about it, the more you see a brand in the market, the more likely you are to buy it. This is due to many reasons but especially consistency. A customer will believe your quality is consistent if your branding is consistent. But, you then need to maintain that good quality in all products and services.
- Understanding Consumers: We are all consumers in some way or form. So we understand first-hand how they make decisions. When choosing a product or service, we tend to prefer popular and trendy brands. Your brand can be the most useful in the market but if its awareness is low then it is of less use.
- Timing: It is especially important to time different launch ideas well. By that, we mean that relevance is key. If a certain topic is trending or “going viral” then you should try to build off of that.
- Brand Loyalty: Another reason why visibility is important is to build loyalty. If you’d like to build a consumer base rooted in brand loyalty, then visibility is crucial.
The Best Brand Visibility Strategy
Here are the best brand visibility strategies:
- State your brand’s purpose. The most crucial part of brand visibility is your purpose. You need to convey your brand’s purpose and meaning to your audience. You could start by answering these questions:
– Is there a hole in the market that your brand fills?
– What are the problems your brand solves?
– What value does your brand bring to a consumer’s life?
– Will your brand solve the whole problem or just a part of it?
– How long will this solution last?
By answering these questions, you can use various techniques to position your brand. You can also create an identity which increases your brand visibility.
- Work with social media. Socialising is a great way to achieve visibility in the market. In today’s digital age, social media is the place to develop any kind of marketing strategy. You must identify which markets you cater to. Build your marketing strategy based on these markets via social media.
- Showcase your Unique Points. You should highlight what is unique about your brand (USP). How are you different from every other brand in this market? What are your strengths? By answering these questions you can highlight the expertise of your brand.
- Use SEO techniques. You should use good SEO keywords throughout your branding. Search Engine Optimization techniques will help you improve your visibility chances. Follow the steps below to perfect your SEO strategy:
- Research any popular SEO keywords that relate to your brand and topic.
- Develop content based on these keywords. You can also insert these keywords into your content in a natural manner.
- You should also make sure your content is more than 1,000 words. This marks it as long content which is good.
Top Brand Visibility Examples
Here are various popular brands that understood the brand visibility assignment.
- Johnson & Johnson
This company has invested large amounts of money in advertising. You can find its ads in various mediums like hoardings, newspapers, magazines and so on. They also offer various schemes and discounts. It also uses popular TV characters and strong emotional messages in its ads. Its products are also provided to new mothers when in the hospital. This creates trust at an early stage.
Here you can see what brand visibility has done for its identity. Now by seeing the red colour and silhouette of a bottle, you think of the Coca-Cola drink.
Here is a company that we are all familiar with even if we don’t use their product. That is the beauty of their marketing strategy. From an iconic symbol, active social media as well as great USP techniques. Apple has reached peak visibility.
- Rare Beauty
This company came up with an excellent Mental Health 101 initiative. Through this people would share a beauty kit on social media. This was to build mental health awareness. But, it also built brand awareness and visibility.
- Old Spice
As soon as you hear Old Spice, you think of the man on the horse. This company used humour and personality to advertise their products. These ads not only made lasting impacts on viewers but also intrigued them. Many viewers then went back to watch the commercial and also buy the deodorant.
Here are some benefits achieved through brand visibility:
- Association: The more you work on making your brand visible, the closer you get to brand awareness. Many people use terms like Band-Aid, Google and Xerox as verbs. This goes to show the impact of brand visibility and awareness.
- Brand Recognition: Visibility also helps your target audience to recognise your brand. Creating a sense of trust and ease with your target audience is important in the long run. They are more likely to make purchases if they trust you as a recognised brand.
- Brand Equity: Brand visibility helps build brand equity. The equity of a brand refers to its value. Customer experiences as well as their perception determines a brand’s value. If a customer has positive experiences it results in positive brand equity. In the case of visibility, if a brand is not visible, then your equity will likely be not visible.
Here are some challenges you may face with brand visibility:
- Generic: It can become generic. Most brands will work towards becoming No. 1 in the market. This creates a challenge for you to not only be appealing to the masses but also the best. But, even when you get to the No.1 spot you may stagnate. This requires you to keep coming up with unique ideas and strategies.
- Negative Awareness: Another challenge you might face is negative awareness. For instance, a huge recall of a product or an unintentional offensive campaign. This may cause people to see your brand in a bad light. You may need to do quite a bit of damage control in this situation.
- Rebranding: Sometimes having strong visibility in the market could backfire. In the case of rebranding, a company may have a difficult time making any major changes. For instance, if your brand is popular for sugary and frosty cakes. It might be difficult to rebrand as gluten-free or health-conscious.
Here are some tips to make your brand visible.
- Be human and not just a business: Consumers are more likely to buy into a brand if they relate to it. You can leave an impact on your target audience by defining who you are as a company. You can’t just sell stuff. You should also be a brand people see as a friend. Thus creating a relationship with your customer.
- Socialise: Socialising helps you to connect, gain fresh perspectives and also become popular. In a similar fashion, social contact is important for your brand. You should attempt to connect with your audience. Not only to make a sale but also in a social aspect. Interact with people on a regular basis to achieve organic visibility. You could try retweeting, asking questions or creating funny content. Good humour is one of the best ways to create brand visibility.
- Storytelling: Telling a story is a powerful tactic to promote your brand as well as your products. This is because a narrative or a story gives people something that is real. You should decide what story you would like to tell your audience. But, the narrative you tell needs to be honest and authentic.
- Shareable Content: An age-old marketing tactic is a word-of-mouth tactic. In today’s digital age, this has transitioned to sharing content. Your content could be in the form of videos, social media posts, blog posts or sponsored posts. Just make it easy to share.
Here are some best practices for you to try.
- Blog as a guest on niche sites. Guest blogging is a great way to increase your visibility with little effort. This allows you to use that blog’s existing traffic to attract customers to your brand as well. In short, you’re able to push your product onto a different market of people. This also allows you to portray yourself as a person and not just a business.
- Use cross-marketing techniques. Another great practice in building brand visibility is cross-marketing. Through this tactic, you can take advantage of a different brand’s audience. For instance, if your company sells wholesome meals, partner with a health-conscious influencer. This helps you to reach your target audience.
- Advertise a lot. Though advertising works to create product awareness, it is a great tactic. It allows you to create visibility in a way that isn’t so obvious or in-your-face. For instance, Grammarly was unknown a few years ago. But, due to its consistent ad campaigns, it is now successful. The company has become a staple proofreading software.
- Create an image that can represent you. You can associate many popular brands with iconic symbols or images. For instance, Nike, Mc Donalds and Apple have all built a lasting impact with their symbols. You can use the symbol in all your packaging and designs. Add it to your marketing channels like social media and ads.
- Make a short and catchy motto or slogan. For companies like Nike or Mc Donalds, their slogans are quite catchy. You should create a short slogan to create brand awareness and stay relevant to people. Think about something that is catchy but also explains your brand values.
Brand Visibility is crucial in today’s environment. With everyone aiming for No. 1, you need to go all out to stay relevant. There are various strategies and practices for you to keep in mind while building your brand.
Besides that, you should work with SEO techniques. You can use websites like Google Trends or Wordtracker for trending phrases. These can be phrases searched in any topic and area. Also, emphasize your unique points to create the best visibility for your brand.
Whether your product is as generic as a glue stick or as popular as fast food, make it shareable. Additionally, people tend to love stories and latch onto them fast. For instance, in shows like America’s Got Talent. A huge part of each contestant’s success is due to their unique backstories.
How do you think brands can stay relevant in today’s market? Which is your favourite brand visibility strategy? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.