Conversion marketing refers to that marketing method that leads to more sales for a business. The conversions can include many other things like signing up for a free e-book or quiz for a discount on future purchases. But, what marketers aim for is the conversion that’ll make an ordinary visitor turn into a buyer.
When a brand wants to make conversions, they use tactics that increase their awareness as well as those that help people. Think about it, conversion rates will go up when the brand has a good name. As for people, they are what brands need for conversion. The jacket won’t fly itself off and go to the consumer.
So, the brands should carry out these tasks together. When they engage with customers, the customers in return give them good ratings. Other potential buyers observe these ratings and reviews. This can lead to more conversions.
With these, there are the technical tasks, too, that the brand has to think about. Carrying out these tasks may take some time and full effort of the marketing team. Once done well, though, they’ll notice the rates go up gradually.
This article discusses the concept of conversion marketing. We have also included some strategies that your brand can use for its growth.
In pochi punti:
What is Conversion Marketing?
It is a marketing technique that’s used by brands and business owners for converting a person into a buyer. In conversion marketing, marketers use many strategies with the aim of maximizing your product sales. The main goal of any company is to “convert” a normal visitor into a regular customer.
Like many other types of marketing, this marketing method also depends upon various other elements of the website. A person won’t take action if your website doesn’t give them a push.
For instance, let’s say you want to sell mobile phone covers. You won’t get conversions by simply stating that the mobile cover is from ‘XYZ brand’s 123 model number’. An individual will be interested in buying when he reads a good description of that product. What material is it made from? Is it durable?
This is only one element, there are many more that you’ve to strategically plan out.
To understand this marketing approach, you also need to understand the conversion rate. A website’s conversion rate simply means the rate or percentage of people who have completed the desired action. A conversion necessarily isn’t about buying a product from the website. Conversion can also mean clicking on the A CTA is a phrase or word designed to get an immediate response from the reader. As the name suggests, it's usually something that involves a precise action performed by..., filling out a form, doing a survey, and so on.
For calculating the conversion rate, you can take the number of sales and divide that by the total number of visitors or leads. So, if you’ve had 80 sales in a month and 400 visitors, then your conversion rate would be 20%. A high conversion rate means more sales in a month and few lost customers. This could also mean a greater return on investment.
To improve their conversion rates, businesses utilize CRO or conversion rate optimization. Many companies spend an average of $2000 on CRO tools.
How to Develop a Conversion Marketing Campaign
Other companies that also sell their products in physical stores don’t really expect that customers would buy their products online. However, e-commerce websites have those customers who buy their products from online stores.
So, the marketing team of these websites have to use the right approaches that will lead to conversions. For such businesses, conversions happen when people know about the brand and its values.
When marketers make a conversion marketing campaign, they focus on making the visitor stay on the website for a long time. The chances of a visitor buying a product are very less on their first visit to the website. Therefore, they try to make small conversions. Eventually, these conversions lead to good conversion rates.
Here’s how marketers make these campaigns for an e-commerce website.
- Page Navigation: Easy page navigation is very important for websites. You can include categories on your pages so that going from one page to another becomes easy for people. As an example, you can look at clothing websites. They include the categories for men, women, and kids.
- Homepage: The homepage of the website should display the products. You can’t promote your company on the homepage. Instead, include product offers and discounts, display and new product updates. You should also include a product’s price and a clear picture of it.
- Checkout Page: The checkout page should look like a reaffirming page. The user should get the whole price information, including the taxes and the discounts, on the checkout page. This page should be made with the viewpoint of a consumer rather than the viewpoint of a marketer.
- Search Results: The search results on the website should include relevant searches. These should be about those products at the top of the search page that is popular among other buyers.
The Best Conversion Marketing Strategies
Here are some of the conversion strategies you can use to increase your website’s conversion rates.
- Focus On Your CTAs: CTAs or Call To Action is one of the best strategies that lead to conversions. Marketers have been using CTAs for a long time. CTAs tend to be simple and boring at times. You need to have some eye-catching CTAs on your website. Make such CTAs that compel the person to buy your product.
- Implement Smart Pop-Ups: There are different types of pop-ups that you can use on your website. Some common pop-ups include:
- Sign Up Pop-Ups – lets the users sign up for some free content.
- Delayed Pop-Ups – they appear after a user has some time browsing your website.
- Pushup or Push Down Pop-Ups – they push the content away, and slide from up or down.
- Send Interactive Emails: Emails are essential for conversion marketing. Many users like to see promotional or seasonal emails. You should send such emails that are interactive and engaging. For example, you can send some quizzes in these emails. You may also include a prize for the winners.
- Create Helpful Videos: Many people like to see videos of the products they are purchasing. The videos you make can be like tutorials that let the users understand how to use the product well.
- Introduce Live Chat Option: Wouldn’t you want to answer the queries of your customers. Through a live chat option on your website, you can clear out their doubts in real-time. When you answer people’s questions, you can significantly increase your conversions.
- Bring In Some Brand Ambassadors: Either get some influencers to become brand ambassadors for you, or turn your loyal customers into brand ambassadors. Through word-of-mouth or social media, these people help you increase your sales.
3 Best Conversion Marketing Examples
The best way you can understand how the above-mentioned strategies work is by looking at these examples. These brands have utilized the techniques that helped their customers and the brand itself for increasing conversions.
Taking a look at these examples, you might be able to visualize how your website would appear. Furthermore, you might also figure out why your conversion rates have gone down.
Undersun Fitness is a company that provides people with fitness equipment. They serve people for their different fitness goals. Their services include Women’s fitness, men’s fitness, gym workout, home workout, outdoor workout, muscle building, fat loss goals, and more. Undersun knew that people would close their website if they didn’t easily find what they were looking for. So, they displayed different types of workout plans on their website. Here, instead of clicking on a CTA, people can take a quiz. This quiz would help them find a workout plan that works for them.
Lifehack.org is a blogging website. The website has different types of blogs on topics like life hacks, productivity tips, self-help practices, and so on. The conversion marketing team of Lifehack.org made changes that have improved the website’s conversions by a lot. When people read blog articles on this website, they find relevant pop-ups. Let’s say that you’re reading an article on a good workout regime. Here, you’d see a pop-up that would take you to a 30-Day Workout Challenge or similar type of fitness challenge.
Helly Hansen is a clothing brand that sells casual workwear as well as clothes for skiing or sailing. These activities can make people’s clothes wet. Hansen makes their jackets and coats with waterproof technology. The quality of cloth is breathable and lets people enjoy skiing.
Tips and Best Practices
If you’re starting a new brand, then you have to have a present vision for having conversion rates. The present vision here means that you need to use those practices that work well now.
You might have heard from other well-established businesses about what worked for them. While some of it may be helpful for you, however, there are some areas that need modifications.
Following are some best practices of conversion marketing that will help your brand have better conversions.
- Optimize Your Website: First, you need to pay attention to the usability of your website. A website appears slightly different on mobile than on a desktop. So, make sure that the site works well on mobile devices too. You should also use good SEO strategies for improving your SERP rankings. Furthermore, make sure that the website doesn’t have poor navigation. A link for a notebook shouldn’t take a user to a webpage for file holders.
- Engage With Your Audience: With the use of personalized emails, SMS, and live chats, you should engage with your customers. You must segment your audience based on their interests, age, gender or location so that you can present them with relevant content. There are many users who become inactive after a period of time, you should send them re-engagement emails. Re-engagement will help you improve your relationship with them.
- Make Your Brand Image: You’ll be able to build a better brand image by providing your audience with high-quality content. Tell the audience why your brand makes better sunglasses than other brands. Another way to have a better brand image is to include feedback. People have a habit of checking reviews when they buy anything online. Include the feedback and reviews from your customers on your website.
The ability of marketers to convert a visitor into a customer is known as conversion marketing. When the marketing is done well, the brand gets high conversion rates.
To do it well, the brand should have a website that is easy to use and understand. All the pages of a website matter equally, you can’t have an excellent check-out page and barely anything on the homepage.
Doing conversions is tricky, but using the best strategies on your website may solve a lot many problems for you. Use such CTAs on your website that attracts people, use some wit or puns! Help out your audience by sending them useful emails and including some tutorial videos on your website.
You should also increase your brand awareness. You can ask some regular and loyal customers to become brand ambassadors for you. This way, they’ll get many product offers and you’ll get those conversions.