A tool is a program, a software or a website that makes things easier in the digital world. That can be anything from collaborating spreadsheets to online meeting platforms to insight tools designed to help you in everyday tasks.
What is a tool?
In digital marketing, a tool meaning is pretty simple:
Digital tools are programs, websites or online resources that can make tasks easier to complete.UK Department of Health and Social Care
Most of them are actually free to use and will make you save time, money and energy on the most menial tasks of digital work. For instance, an An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean... marketing tool will help you create contact lists and send newsletters to a lot of people at once.
But are a lot of tools to discover in your search for an easier and more effective digital presence.
What kind of tools do you need?
Depending on what you do on the web and what are your most important tasks, there are lots of internet tools you can use. Let’s have a look at some of the most important ones.
- When you need to talk to a lot of people in different locations, you can use videocall platforms.
- if your work involves several people writing on the same document, a tool like Google Drive is essential.
- In web marketing, SEO and copywriting, tools about keyword research are of outmost importance.
- Calendars, digital notebooks and lists help you put everything in order in your to-do-list.
- Platforms such as Canva help you with visual storytelling and social media posts, mostly for free.
How to choose the right tool for your work
There are several things you need to prioritize when choosing a tool for your company or for yourself. Try to keep these things in mind:
- A tool that must be used by several people needs to be flexible, collaborative and intuitive.
- You most used tools should be easy to understand. After all, you are trying to save time and energy.
- Don’t forget about privacy and transparency. When you give info and data to an external tool, you must be sure they will be handled properly.
Also, try to choose free tools or at least have a free trial with a new one before submitting to a program. That way you and your team could try it before buying it.
What businesses need tools?
Everyone needs help when navigating the digital world. First of all, most tasks are repetitive and boring and you shouldn’t waste time and resources on them. Secondly, you need automation in as many areas as possible. In order to grow your business, most things can be done by a tool. This way the people working for you will be faster and less annoyed by little things.
When you open your website, you need a tool to analyze visuals and insights. Same goes with your social media posts and optimization ratings. So help yourself with digital tools and make life easier for everyone in your staff.