Search Engine Optimization or SEO helps you in having better ranks on search engines. By these ranks, it’s meant that your content appears on the top searches when people search for those particular tops. For that to happen, the web pages on your website should have SEO content.
Any marketer would tell you that if you want to have organic traffic to your website, SEO strategies would get you that. Such content on your website also enhances the page experience on your website. While you do that, you should know that it matters as much as the user experience.
In simple words, you should put the best SEO strategies on your website to have a better website and to positively impress your viewers.
Read on more to find out how to write content on your website with the best SEO practices.
In pochi punti:
What is SEO Content Writing?
Writing for SEO is that way of writing the content on web pages that helps them have better ranks on search engines. There are many elements that come under SEO writing, and all these elements equally help the website with those ranks.
If you’re cycling, you can’t just pedal from one side and expect the cycle to go on. You’d have to make efforts from both sides. In the same way, you’ve to put effort into all these SEO elements. It may happen that some elements would come easier to you, whereas for some you’d have to learn more.
When you’ve SEO content on your website, it ranks better on the search engines. The Google search engine decides that a website’s content has good SEO when it crawls the content to check what it is about. If after crawling, Google’s system finds that the website has factually correct and original content, it provides a good rank to that page.
Therefore, apart from having a great user experience, you’re also doing these SEO practices to impress these search engines.
But why does it matter to have one of the top ranks on Google or other engines? Well, when you’re searching about a topic, which website do you open first? You surely don’t go to the end of the page and click on the last website. You click on the first websites that you see. For this very reason, people have SEO friendly content on their pages.
As mentioned above, there are different elements and types of SEO writing. They may include any of the following.
- Blog Posts: Blog posts are extremely common for having SEO friendly content. They’re also the easiest to create. You may create blog posts about anything. There’s no limit to what you can write about. But yes, it’d help more if you write about something you’re interested in.
- Product Pages: A product page is that page that informs the user about your product. On these pages, you list out all the details about your product. If you’re an e-commerce website, then product pages are a must to have content with SEO.
- Lists: Lists are gaining more popularity these days in SEO writing. Lists are easier to organize and easier to read too. No one wants to read long paragraphs these days. Instead of clearing a concept, you feel even more confused when reading long paragraphs. Hence, you may make lists on various topics. For example, you create lists about, “10 Things Wrong With New Girl” or “15 Popular Noodle Dishes Around the World”.
- Videos: Though videos are seen very less in SEO content, they’re helpful too. Taking the above example, you may show these 15 noodle dishes in video formats as well. If you have a product page, you may make a video giving a tutorial to your viewers.
- Glossaries: You may be thinking, “Why glossaries?” Well, check your search history and see how many words you’ve looked on Google in the past two days. There is a lot, right? Some common and some uncommon. We all do it, so you know that it’d make for great SEO friendly content.
How to Create an SEO Content Strategy
You need an SEO strategy for your website so that it can have better SERP rankings on search engines. There are multiple strategies that you may use for having a good SERP ranking. Some of these strategies include:
- Know the target audience: When you’re writing for SEO, you’ve to make for a unique user experience. You’ll be able to do that when you’d know who these users are. You can’t expect people who love pop culture to read your articles on debugging a code. So, first, you’ve to identify your audience and you’ve to think from their point of view.
- Select your topics: The next step is to select the topics you want to write on. Whatever your niche is, there are about a million topics you may choose from. If you’re a programmer, you may write why the semicolon is important in a code and why you hate it. This is just one example, you can use many topics and give your opinion on them.
- Pick useful keywords: When you’re making SEO content, keywords become extremely significant. They make for the most basic element in your written content. You may use some long-tail keywords or short-tail keywords for your content. For finding good keywords, you can use marketing tools available online.
- Make a website: At last, you’ve to make a website to put this content on. It’s better that you’ve your own website so that you can control everything that goes on there. When you’ve your name on your site, the only rules you’d be following would be yours. You’d know how to efficiently make progress on your website.
Top 5 Tools for SEO Content Writing
Here’s a list of tools you’ll need for SEO writing.
- Google Keyword Planner: You’ll find that most marketers use Google Keyword Planner for their SEO writing needs. The tool is free to use but you’d need to have a Google Ads account to use this tool. You can search for new keywords on this tool and monitor the recent keyword trends.
- Wordstream: Wordstream is a free keyword tool that you may use to find good keywords for your content. With this tool, you can do full keyword research. All you’ll have to do here is just type your location, type your keyword, then pick your industry. After that, you’d get your keyword search results.
- SEMrush: Many marketers around the world use SEMrush for its many useful features. When it comes to SEO friendly content, what SEMrush does is, conducts a keyword search for you. It also enables you to analyze backlinks on your webpage and helps in checking the overall performance of the page. The pro plan of SEMrush costs $119.95 a month.
- Yoast SEO: If you’re using WordPress for your website, then you may opt for its SEO plugin called Yoast SEO. Through this tool, you can have real-time feedback that’ll help you optimize your content better on WordPress. Yoast SEO suggests improvements and gives you details on how to optimize your content better. This SEO content tool is free, and its premium plan would cost you $99 per year.
- Grammarly Premium: When Google is ranking the content of your website, it also checks for spelling and grammar mistakes in the content. The fewer errors you’ll have, the better you’ll rank. Grammarly Premium is a tool that’ll help you rectify the grammatical errors in your content. The annual plan of Grammarly Premium costs $12 per month.
Top 4 Tips To Write Better
When you’re making SEO content, there will be times when you’ll feel stuck. Following are some tips that may motivate you to write better content on your website.
- Focus on headlines: The headline or the title of each of your blog posts, listicles, or articles should be good. It should be so good that readers should feel curious to read more about the post. You only use a limited amount of characters in your headlines, so make sure that it sounds unique.
- Keep a structure: When you’re writing content for SEO, the structure of your webpage is of importance. All of your content should be organized. You should use proper tags and make use of all the headings when writing content on any topic.
- Add visuals: For adding good visuals to your web content, you’ll need to incorporate some imagery into it. You may write a blog post on kitchen renovations and add images of kitchen islands via Instagram or Pinterest.
- Use link building: For having SEO friendly content on your website, you’ll have to engage in some link building practices. For link building, you’ve may use some links that link back to your website only. You may also add links to other web pages or videos too.
SEO Content Best Practices
With the writing tips, you’ll also need to utilize some best practices. The marketing industry requires many best practices when it comes to making any type of content for their brand.
When you’re writing for SEO, you’ll require those practices that would get you better rankings on Google. Below-mentioned is some of the best practices that you should put to use today if you want those organic rankings.
- Meta description: Just like the title, the meta description is important as well. Meta description gives a brief summary of the whole content on a particular web page. In these descriptions, you should use your keywords as well.
- Page speed: With page speed, all you’ve to know is that it should be fast. If your pages take too long to load, no one would like it. The users will go to other websites and search engines will find it difficult too. You may use some online tools to check your website’s page speed. You may use SEMrush or GTMetrix to check the insights of your page.
- User experience: You’re making content for your viewers, right? So it’s obvious that you’d want them to love it. Well, then you’ve to make it easier for them to grasp what you’ve written. You should make use of white space in your SEO content. Another element you’ll need is to make the website content mobile-friendly. This is because a lot of your users will see your content on their mobiles.
- SEO friendly URLs: You don’t have to do much for having SEO friendly URLs. All you’ve to remember is that search engines like short URLs. When you’re making your URLs, use those that are keyword rich. Plus, there shouldn’t be any stop words in these URLs. They should be simple to read and easy to understand.
Making SEO content is essential for the search rankings of your page. Search engines like google crawl your whole website to check the content in it. They check many elements of your written content. All these elements add up and tell these crawlers how well your page can rank.
When you’re writing content for SEO, you should use the right industry keywords. With that, you should also select those topics that are relevant to your audience. This relevancy and relatability would make a lot of difference in the whole user experience of your website. Lastly, your website also requires some of the industry best practices to have unique SEO content.
Did you like the best practices we mentioned? What tools have you used for SEO? How do you use SEO strategies for your webpage? Tell us in the comments below!