When we hear the term marketing, we think of it in terms of products and services. The company sells the products to the customers and generates revenue. Every company wants to grow their customers and make them their permanent ones. They tend to try to solve their problem and provide the best solutions to them through their products and services. But what if the company starts thinking of social welfare and global issues? What if they try to preserve the resources rather than increase sales? This is called sustainable marketing. For any organization, it has become a way of standing out in the market.
Many studies show that companies that do sustainable marketing are in more profit. They can build a better relationship with their customers. These customers then become loyal to them. This idea of marketing centres on three P’s: People, Profit and the Planet.
In pochi punti:
What is Sustainable Marketing?
Sustainable Marketing is the way to promote sustainability along with the products to the consumer.
When a company only tries to sell its product to customers thinking of only their revenues and sales and not solving their problem, they are not attracting customers. However, when a product has some sustainable value attached to that, then it becomes different. For instance, a product is environment-friendly and low cost. This will create a loyal customer base.
Companies should come up with innovative ideas to launch their products rather than give information to the people.
This type of marketing allows people to think about the products they are consuming. In addition, it also makes them think about whether they need that product or not. It creates awareness amongst people to be socially responsible. Many latest brands are doing this to stand out in the market.
Benefits and Importance
It is good if a brand is coming up in the market with the idea of benefiting customers and the environment. This way helps to attract customers with their loyalty to the brand. It helps to improve the quality of life. Today’s marketing strategy has changed a lot from the traditional marketing one. Now ideas are selling which increases the chances of success if that is a good one. There are many ways in which company benefits by adopting sustainable marketing.
It helps to improve the image of the brand in the competitive market. Consumers think of brands differently. In addition, they are also caring about sustainability and resources. For instance, Rebello is an Italian luxury brand aware of various environmental issues. This marketing strategy helps to make a good image in the mind of customers. Therefore, customers tend to believe that this is the perfect brand to go with because they also care about the environment.
Sustainability strategy also tends to reduce the number of waste and recycle it. Waste recycling is a big issue for many companies today. Companies are moving forward with those resources which are recyclable so that there is less wastage.
If it is a sustainable business a lot of tax benefits are added. In many countries, they are freeing certain taxes on the company if they are taking care of the resources and helping in the improvement of a green environment.
Attracting good investors and potential employees is easy this way. Every employee looks for a company that has better respect for the community. In addition, they want to work with a brand that works for the betterment of the planet.
Top 3 Sustainable Marketing Examples
Here are some of the best examples to take inspiration from:
This brand has adopted sustainable living and confirms that has seen a 68% increase in its shares after doing this. 3.9 billion people in 190 countries use their brand everywhere. They come with numerous products like detergents which use less water to save water in washing. This brand is also working on the emission of GHG from its products.
In 2021 loreal launched a campaign ‘ loreal for the future because our planet is worth it ‘ and set the goal for 2030. These goals include the use of 100% recycled plastics, the usage of recycled products in their packaging, investing in various environmental programs, reducing carbon neutrality and 100% renewable energy by 2025, helping disadvantaged communities to gain employment, promoting sustainable consumption, and many more.
This company has set a goal of net zero emission by 2040 and net water emission by 2030. Cooking its food in healthy oil, and reducing the usage of sugar and sodium are also included in the company’s goals to achieve. The brand has introduced Pep+ which will guide the organisation to build sustainably for the benefit of people and the planet.
This brand is a feminine hygiene company. It works sustainably on women’s menstruation and incontinence. Their products are eco-friendly with soft and comfy collections. The company uses a sustainable manufacturing process helping to keep the planet healthy. They also highlight issues related to girls to give voice to the problems they face.
How To Do And Use A Sustainable Marketing
Sustainable marketing is a way of doing business that doesn’t harm the environment. It’s about finding ways to reduce your impact on the world around you, and it can be done by anyone, anywhere.
Use reusable containers for your food and drink and reusable bags if you can swing that. Avoid disposable plastic products.
Share content that’s relevant to them and their needs. But, also share content that’s brand-building, which will help build your brand image in the long run.
Ensure you have a strong social presence so people can find you easily online.
Keep an eye on your competitors. See what they are doing well or not so well in terms of marketing. You can learn from their mistakes and use those data to improve your marketing strategy.
Top Sustainable Marketing Strategies
Marketing is an important part of any company’s ongoing success. It’s also a tricky field to master. With so many options and so many tools at your disposal, it can be hard to know where to start.
Here are some top strategies for marketing that will help you get started on your path to sustainability:
1. Find a partner that understands your business goals and has the experience necessary to help you reach them.
2. Always ask yourself: “What do I want my customers to do with the information I provide?” Make sure your message is directed toward those goals and not just about yourself or your business as a whole.
3. Don’t take shortcuts to take time to research, test, and try new things! If you’re going to invest in something new, make sure it’s worth it!
4. If you’re not sure what kind of company you want to become, start with your product. Does it fit into an established ecosystem and have growth potential? If not, why not? Consider how much time and money you’re willing to invest into research and development before investing in your product line—and how much time and money you’re willing to dedicate to marketing after launch.
5. Use nature-friendly materials in your packaging design. The best way to build a lasting connection with consumers is by using materials that can be recycled when needed—and of course, any ink or paper should be recyclable as well!
6. Consult with consumers. Try to understand what your customers want and why they buy from you. Then, figure out how to deliver those benefits through unique products, services, or offers that make sense for your brand.
Pros And Cons
Here are some pros and cons of sustainable marketing which brands need to take note of.
- On the plus side, sustainable marketing campaigns can help you build trust with your customers. They can also help you attract new customers by showing your customers that you care about their health and well-being.
- Sustainability is a key factor for companies to focus on.
- A sustainable marketing strategy helps you keep your customers and clients informed about the company’s efforts to make a difference.
- It creates a more sustainable business model, which can help you stay competitive. It also helps to create more transparency about where your products are made and how they were made.
- A lot of companies are already implementing sustainable practices, so sustainable marketing has become a bit less revolutionary in recent years. On the flip side, sustainable practices can cost more money.
- It takes time and effort to implement, so it can be difficult for businesses with short-term goals to invest in it.
- Some people think that sustainability is an excuse for companies to spend more money on advertising.
- It is not always easy since it requires a lot of research and planning.
Tips And Best Practices
One of the most important ways to do that is by understanding your customer base. In addition, understand how they use your products or services. How do they use them? What are their needs, goals, and motivations? And once you’ve got that information, what can you do for them?
Sustainable marketing is a way to engage with your customers in a way that fits into their lives and helps them achieve their goals. It’s not just about ads on TV—it’s about building relationships with people who care about making the world better.
If you want to go sustainable, you first need to know where you are now. Therefore, it means taking a close look at your company’s practices and figuring out where you could improve.
Here are a few tips to help you get started with sustainable marketing.
- Make changes that work for your company. Don’t try to copy other brands word for word. You need to do what’s right for you.
- Start small. Don’t try to make sudden changes overnight. Instead, focus on making small adjustments that add up to big impacts.
- Stay consistent. Make sure your customers see your changes as a part of your brand, not as one-time gimmicks.
- Be transparent. Let customers know when you’re making changes and why. People want to know that you’re working for the good of the world.
- Stay informed. Keep an eye on new developments to make sure you’re always on top of your game.
Sustainable marketing is a great way to help your company build trust. In addition, it shows customers that you care about people and the world. However, it’s important to remember that sustainable practices are not a fad. They’re not a trend that will be discarded in a few years once the hype dies down. Instead, sustainable practices are here to stay for the foreseeable future. That’s because the environment doesn’t change that quickly.
It doesn’t matter if someone invented sustainability yesterday or 50 years ago. It’s not going to go away anytime soon. Therefore, it means that companies that choose to focus on sustainable marketing have an advantage over other brands. Therefore, you’re ready to make your company more sustainable. Start planning and executing your sustainable marketing campaign.
What’s your opinion on Sustainable Marketing? Do you think brands are doing it in the right way? Tell us in the comments section below!