TikTok marketing is a great way to promote your brand and products. You can experiment with various trends through hashtags and viral sounds. Besides that, this app has various features like influencer marketing and in-feed ads.
In this article, you can learn what TikTok marketing is. You can also learn how to use the different features. Besides that, you will understand the best way to really get into the minds of TikTok users. This will help you reach a wider target audience.
In pochi punti:
What is Tiktok Marketing?
TikTok marketing is when a company uses TikTok to promote their brand, service, or product. This can cover various strategies. For instance, TikTok ads, viral online posts, and influencer marketing.
TikTok performs much better than other social media platforms. This is in terms of account engagement. In fact, TikTok has huge levels of engagement as compared to other platforms. This app is also great at keeping users glued to the app. Most users engage with TikTok for at least 45 minutes every day.
TikTok marketing works through many different tactics. You can use branded takeovers, effects and hashtag challenges. Besides that, you can also have in-feed advertising.
Here are several ways you can market your product or brand on TikTok.
- Hire TikTok stars and creators.
- Make use of TikTok advertising.
- Create engaging and organic content to reach your target audience.
However, the challenge with this app is figuring out how you can create relatable content. TikTok content is different from other social media. And, the best way to find out how to make the most of this platform is to dive into it.
Benefits and Importance
TikTok marketing is still in its beginning stages. Most businesses are yet to understand how they can use TikTok to market. A big reason is that they see this app as a “teen app”. But, TikTok has users in the United States who are over the age of 30. TikTok helps you to reach a large number of people at a low cost. This creates a big opportunity for brands to reach their goals.
TikTok marketing benefits your business in these ways:
- Boosts awareness of the brand
- Creates active online communities
- Offers products and services for sale
- Gathers customer feedback from your audience and customers.
- Offers customer care
- Promotes services and products to targeted consumers.
The Best Tiktok Marketing Strategy
Here are some ways you can develop your TikTok Marketing Strategy.
- Get comfortable with the app. You shouldn’t treat TikTok like other social media apps. This app has a different network with various features and trends. In fact, TikTok is the trendsetter. So you should really try to understand things like user behaviour.
- Identify your target customers. Do you have a specific target audience in mind? Before you begin making content, learn about them. Besides that, also study the demographics of the average TikTok user. Then you can identify if they would like your brand.
- Conduct a challenging audit. Find out if your competitors are using TikTok. You can then find out a way to one-up them. You can also find three more similar companies and look at what they’re doing. Check out what has been their failures and successes.
- Set business-oriented goals and objectives. Always provide users with a reason to take a step above watching a video. For instance, if you’re trying to build good customer relations, try relating with them. You can use trending sounds and hashtags to get your point across. In this way, you stick to your goals while keeping them entertaining.
- Stay consistent. Posting and engaging on TikTok regularly is important. You can make a social media calendar as well as a content calendar. This calendar should look like any normal calendar. But with things like “Post Video” or “Reply to Comments”. You can also put reminders and notes to your team members. This ensures open communication.
- Record your growth. Keep track of any progress you make for future reference. Also, you can do this once a month to know if your plans are working. You can consider testing your posts as they go out.
How to Do Tiktok Marketing
Here are some major forms of marketing where you can apply your TikTok marketing strategy.
- Influencer Marketing: Marketing on Tiktok has become all the more popular due to Influencer marketing. A huge chunk of TikTok marketing is done through influencers. TikTok stars like Zach King, Khaby Lame and Charli D’Amelio have a big influence on their viewers. Thus any marketing they do creates a large impact on your business. At the same time, you don’t require a high-profile influencer. Look for up-and-coming influencers related to your brand. For instance, if you are a sustainable clothing brand you can search for #sustainablefashion. This could lead you to a TikTok rising star like @andreacheong_.
- Business TikTok content: Creating and posting your own content is a great option. It also gives you a lot of flexibility and freedom. For this, you can make a Business account on TikTok for your company. You can now start creating original and organic content. There is no limit to what you can post here. It could be product demos, trending dance videos or a tutorial. Scroll through your For You page for more ideas and inspiration. You shouldn’t shy away from experimenting with the various features of this app.
- TikTok Advertisements: TikTok is a great place to advertise. If you have funds to invest, then you can start with TitkTok advertising. Many brands have had success with advertising on TikTok. For instance, Little Caesars, Netflix, and Bumble. You can create impressive creations and work with different hashtag challenges. Also, you should keep your interactive and authentic with your content. Besides that, make use of all the viral and trending reel sounds.
Here are some pros of TikTok marketing:
- TikTok Influencers: Influencer marketing has made Tiktok marketing very popular. Influencers account for a huge chunk of TikTok marketing. As a result, any marketing they do has a sizable impact on your company. Use popular personalities to sell your brand. For instance, if you specialise in hair and makeup you could go with a beauty influencer.
- Top Views: This is a unique form of in-feed advertising. They guarantee that your ad will be the first ad that a user will see. These ads also appear at the top of your For You page.
- Go Viral: Using TikTok means you have a high chance of trending or going viral. It doesn’t depend on how many followers you have. You can go viral whether you have a million or 2. This can be done by using hashtags and trending sounds. You can also create your own trends and hashtags.
Here are some cons to TikTok marketing.
- Lack of target audience. By this we mean your target audience may not be on the app. This can be due to many different reasons. Older users who post their 50s may not be active users of the app. Besides that, if you’re targeting users ins India, the app is not usable there. Also, it is a fun app so more serious or boring products may not fare too well here.
- Difficult to get your message across. This app features short video content. So, it might be difficult for you to get your whole point across to a TikTok user. If your ad needs a lot of information or needs a high attention span, then this might not work.
- TikTok ads may be expensive. This is more with regard to smaller businesses. Advertising costs are a bit steep for small budgets. But, you can still create great videos without using TikTok ads.
- Quick to ruin your reputation. Most of us are familiar with cancel culture. And this creates a risk for your brand to make errors in messaging. The internet is forgiving at times but it can also quickly ruin your reputation.
Here are some tips you can follow to make the most of this app.
- Make use of your creator tools and analytics.
- You can explore the many viral features like filters, songs and effects. Besides that, you should also look into any hashtag challenges of the duet feature. Also, don’t forget to study the algorithm. You will soon understand how TikTok displays and ranks videos in For You tabs. This can help you adjust your engagement and content strategies.
- Since TikTok is very popular among teenagers, you can target this age group. Even so, this app is not a “teen app”. There are many young and working adults that enjoy using the app as well.
- Besides that, you should also think about who does use the app. For instance, if you’re looking to target customers in India you should reconsider. There was a ban on TikTok from June 2020 till now. So once you know who your audience is you can form your content.
- Also, make the most use of TikTok creators and influencers. Use popular personalities to sell your brand. For instance, if you specialise in hair and makeup you could go with a beauty influencer.
- When creating content you can go with fun and spontaneous posts. But, it is still better to have a goal that aligns with your business objectives.
- As we mentioned earlier, using analytics doesn’t just help your marketing. You can also find different ways to improve or change your strategies.
- Besides that, you can also use a S.W.O.T. analysis to identify certain things. For instance, their strengths and weaknesses. Or threats and opportunities.
- You should let yourself be as creative as you like. Sometimes you may have flopped but learn from them. Other times you can even go viral by accident.
Here are some best practices for TikTok marketing.
- Make TikTok videos. After deciding on your content, start creating videos. You can make videos of a maximum of 60 seconds. Besides that, you can experiment with different features like speed, animations, and AR tech effects. You may also add voice effects and filters to customise your videos. Remember to add relevant hashtags and a cover image.
- Look for the best times to post. There isn’t any general time that works for all users. But, it is suggested that you post from 11 AM to 5 PM. In a week, you can try posting at different times. This way you can see what works best for you.
- Influencer Collabs: Influencer marketing has made Tiktok marketing very popular. Influencers account for a huge chunk of TikTok marketing. As a result, any marketing they do has a sizable impact on your company.
- Create a unique and informative bio. It is important for a brand to have a proper bio in place. This helps people to see who your brand is. You can add a A CTA is a phrase or word designed to get an immediate response from the reader. As the name suggests, it's usually something that involves a precise action performed by... to your bio as well. For instance, “join my email list” or “click for more”. This also allows you to add a link that you can click. Also, add your different social media handles.
- Keep up with trends. TikTok is the queen of trends. You may often find a hashtag that is trending or a viral sound. So, you should make the most use of them to reach a better and wider audience. You can find these on your discovery page of TikTok.
- Allow yourself to experiment. There isn’t any set formula to go viral or trend on TikTok. Most of the stuff that goes viral isn’t premeditated stuff. Rather they are spontaneous and spur-of-the-moment videos.
Top Tiktok Marketing Examples
Here are some top TikTok marketing examples:
- The NBA: This TikTok account makes the most of the lighter and goofier side of The NBA. They showcase different videos where players are dancing and working out. Sometimes the players also answer questions from the fans. So, while the brand continues to promote its basketball angle, they keep it amusing.
- Fenty Beauty: Here is another popular TikTok brand. Fenty Beauty is a great instance of good TikTok marketing. They use the app to showcase their new makeup products. They also have many tutorials that have superb engagement.
- Chipotle: Ever since Chipotle came onto TikTok, they have grown their business. This brand engages with the community on TikTok in a real and fun way. They go with a casual vibe and post different challenges and fan content. Chipotle also gives footage of real staff through vlog content.
TikTok marketing is the way to go with all your marketing needs. It is popular, trendy and successful. You can use various strategies and tactics to gain success on this app. For instance, creating organic content and collaborating with influencers.
Besides that, you can also use TikTok ads and various trending hashtags and viral sounds to reach a wider audience. There are very few limits to how successful you can get on this app. So download the app and get started.
What are your favourite trending hashtags on TikTok? Do you think TikTok marketing is effective? Let us know in the comments below.