One of the most common questions that come into the minds of people is: “Why use WordPress?” If you’re wondering why use WordPress, then you’re at the right place.
In today’s article, we share why use WordPress, the importance of WordPress, and tips and tricks to enhance your experience.
In pochi punti:
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the most popular content management system. It allows you to host and build websites.Hubspot.com
It contains a template system and plugin architecture. This allows you to customize any website to fit your online store, portfolio, blog or business.
Here are a few examples of different types of websites you can make using WordPress:
- Sell online courses
- E-commerce store
- Social network website
- Micro job website
- Online forum website
- Affiliate website
- Build a membership website
- Start a business website
- Knowledge base/Wiki website
- Multilingual website
- Run a blog
- Travel website
- Lifestyle/Fashion website
- Podcast website
- Portfolio website
- Dropshipping website
- Coupons website
- Religious and non-profits website
- Auction website
- Business directory
- Job Board website
6 Reasons Beginners Should Use the platform
Here are 6 solid reasons to use WordPress as a beginner.
- It’s Free. You don’t have to pay anything to create or shift your website to WordPress. You can use, install, download and modify it according to your needs. Create any website of your choice and choose any template that you like for free!
- Easy to Customize. As a beginner, you don’t know a lot of codes. This makes it tough for you to create a website. But, not if you’re using WordPress. You can easily create your website without having any knowledge of designing a website. In fact, you don’t even have to hire a website developer. It’s easy to use and highly customizable. It has a plethora of themes and plugins for all types of websites. You can upload your logo, change the background, change colours, create sliders and customize anything according to your preference.
- It’s SEO-Friendly. Search engines love WordPress. WordPress produces semantic markup and uses standard compliance high-quality code. In simple words, this helps WordPress sites rank higher in search engines. In addition, you can optimise your blog by using SEO plugins such as Yoast SEO.
- Easy to Manage. It comes with a built-in updates management system. This enables you to update your plugins and themes directly from the WP admin dashboard.
- Highly Secure. It is one of the safest platforms to run a website. But, you can add a few more plugins such as Sucuri to enhance the security of your website. These plugins protect your website against common threats like malware and brute force attacks.
- Can Handle Different Media Types. The built-in media uploader handles video and audio files. In addition, it can handle high-quality images. You can also embed photos, Tweets, videos and Soundcloud audio.
6 Reasons Why Developers Love WordPress
Here are 6 reasons to use WordPress as a developer.
- Reliable. A recent study from Kinsta found that WordPress dominates the CMS share. It controls 60% of the CMS market and powers 34% of all websites across the world. In addition, it’s used by top organisations such as CNN, UPS, TechCrunch and TED.
- Great Support. There are a lot of resources and guides for you to help resolve any issues you’re facing. In addition, there are countless tutorials and forums for you to communicate with others. You can also get support from the WordPress support team.
- Flexible. You can create a simple site using WordPress. Or you can use a complex and in-depth website. You can do almost anything with your website with WordPress. In addition, the flexibility is applicable to its users. Developers and beginners (and people in between) can easily use WordPress.
- Content Creation is Simplified. Anyone can start a website with a few clicks. Creating content is easy. The text editors and formatting tools allow you to customize the content according to your preference.
- Optimized for Speed. It’s easy to enhance the speed of your website using specific elements and features. Install a lightweight theme and add a plugin to compress the size of your image files. Use tools to minify JS and CSS files. This will improve user experience, increase conversions and reduce bounce rates.
- Simple Integrations. WordPress is compatible with a lot of third-party tools. In addition to widgets and plugins, you can integrate things like payment gateways and Google Analytics.
WordPress Website Tips and Tricks
As we’ve seen, there are a number of reasons to use WordPress. Now, it’s time to understand how to make your website more user-friendly and impactful. These tips will help you achieve that:
- Focus on the basics. This will help you create a website that complements your website content and business.
- Use dashes and not underscores. Name your files using dashes when naming files. This helps improve SEO.
- Use online support. To answer your queries and concerns. Reach out to WordPress experts via forums and communities.
- Add Alt Text in your images. It drastically improves your SEO.
- Keep the sidebar organized. Keep the essentials in the sidebar that you want users to click on. This helps you focus on the important things and also gives your site a clean look
- Create regular backups. This prevents you from losing your site data. Use plugins such as UpdraftPlus to help you create regular backups.
- Create a unique homepage. Since this is your visitor’s first impression, it’s important to create a unique homepage. Take the help of a website developer to help you create a professional website.
- Monitor your website’s performance. Google Analytics helps you understand what’s working well on your website and what’s not. Fix errors and optimise your website as much as possible.
- Create an “About Us” Page. This helps visitors trust you. They’re the second-most visited page after the homepage so introduce yourself. You can also add links to your social media accounts.
- Use a mobile-responsive theme. Most people use their smartphones to visit sites. Therefore, it’s important to use a theme that works well on all types of devices.
- Include Beautiful Visuals. This helps keep the visitor engaged and also makes your site look attractive.
The Website Dilemma: Why Use WordPress?
As a newbie, names such as Wix, Magneto, Shopify and WordPress sound confusing. The process of creating a website on all these platforms is different. Each has its own benefit and is used for a specific purpose.
For instance, use Shopify if you want to run an e-commerce or an online store. However, you shouldn’t use it to start a blog.
The bottom line is, stick with WordPress if you’re a beginner. To summarize, here are the best reasons to use WordPress:
- Almost everyone uses WordPress.
- It’s hands-down the best blogging platform.
- You have complete control of your website.
- It’s SEO-optimized.
- Anyone can manage it, even newbies.
- You can scale up, expand or downsize your website using plugins and themes.
- It’s easy to understand and use.
- It has a huge community and excellent support.
- Easily adapts so you can create any kind of website.
- WordPress is open-source and free.
- It supports different media types.
So, why use WordPress? Because everyone loves it!
WordPress is the right choice for e-commerce professionals, developers, business owners and bloggers.
It has plugins and themes to suit all your needs. In addition, it enables you to take complete control of your website.
We hope we answered your question, “Why Use WordPress?”
And if someone else is asking you the same question, send them to our article! If you have any more concerns or questions, please leave them in the comments section below!