Email outreach is a link building technique that further improves the SEO strategy of a business. Apart from link building, it is also used to promote your business. In the simplest terms, you reach out to a person and ask them to partner with you.
There are many steps involved to create an effective outreach email. If you want people to reply back, then you have to follow these steps and strategies. What worked some 5 or 10 years ago, wouldn’t work now. Today, you have to be your true self, at least as much as you can be.
There are many tips you’ll read on the internet to have the best outreach. These tips are helpful, no doubt about that. However, some of these tips advise you to write an email that is boring. It is my understanding that if you want to impress an influencer or a business person, you have to be a little creative.
Indeed, an email is an email at the end of the day, you don’t have to write a 3000-word essay for it. But the email can only be interesting if it has some creativity in it.
In this article, we have mentioned some outreach strategies that you can use for your next business promotion. We have also talked about some outreach tools which will make the work a little easier for you.
In pochi punti:
What is Email Outreach?
Through email outreach, digital marketers get in touch with industry professionals and influencers to promote their business, content, ideas, and products. It is a way by which marketers improve their SEO strategies. The goal here is to collaborate with these professionals, ask for a backlink, and promote the content.
These types of emails are often perceived as spam emails because marketers fail to write the emails in a proper format. The email reads as robotic and doesn’t really tell much about the sender. The person who is receiving the email should feel that there’s a human who has written the email.
A successfully planned outreach email can help you get in touch with many people. You can have many opportunities to promote your products via guest blogging, interviews, partnerships, and more.
One mistake that many marketers make is that they reach out to people who wouldn’t have any interest in their business. For instance, if you manufacture hair products for men and women, you shouldn’t send an email outreach to a manufacturer of kid’s toys. Both of these businesses are very different from each other. Instead, you should send emails to people who are in a similar line of business, maybe some who sell earrings online.
Why Are Outreach Emails Important?
Outreach emails improve your credibility. As you start guest blogging on other websites, you’ll be recognized as a credible source by other industry people. This will open doors for more partnerships for you. If you are reaching out to an international business person, you have the opportunity to show your content to a different and bigger audience. You can connect with global audiences this way. Moreover, outreach emails help in increasing traffic to your website. The more people see you and your website, the more they’ll be interested in buying your products.
Best Outreach Email Marketing Strategies
The following are the best outreach email strategies that you should use the next time you send an email.
- Do your research: If you want to grab the attention of the receiver, you have to do some research about them, among other things. They should be able to see that you’ve actually paid attention to what they do. Simply stating your desires won’t be fruitful, you have to tell them why you wish to collaborate with them.
- Make it interesting: Do you know that 73% of millennials use emails for their business? So, it is fair to assume that in the modern age of today, people receive many emails. But what matters is which ones catch their attention. It only takes them approx. 10 seconds to scan the whole email. If you want to catch the attention of the receiver, you have to write an interesting email.
- Personalize the mail: Don’t use cliché techniques in your email. All you have to do is be genuine with them. Avoid following the same format for all the outreach emails that you’re sending. You can provide some of your previous posts and articles to have some personalization in your email.
- Use humour: As mentioned earlier, your email outreach doesn’t have to sound boring and robotic. The other person will feel some positive emotions when they see some humour in your email. Do your research about them, find what they like, talk about a similar interest, and maybe even add some memes in your email.
- Add some value: Everyone wants a little something in return. When you collaborate with these professionals, don’t be surprised when they ask you to do something in return for them. You should mention in your outreach email that collaborating with you would be helpful to them in many ways.
Best Email Outreach Tools
Here’s a list of some of the best email outreach tools:
- MailsenPai: MailsenPai is an email marketing software. It helps you create email templates and manage your email lists. You can manage your newsletter with Mailsenpai or make a new custom newsletter. The software also helps in SEO and designing your website.
- Hunter Campaigns: Through this tool, you can send email campaigns directly from your Gmail account. Hunter Campaigns allows you to personalize your emails by adding custom attributes to them. The premium account allows multiple Google logins and it costs $49 per month.
- Mailshake: This tool helps in PR outreach, sales, and recruiting. With Mailshake, you can make email campaigns, follow up on your leads, track your key metrics, and search for new prospects. The email outreach plan of Mailshake costs $44 per month.
- Yesware: Yesware is a plugin tool for Outlook and Google. Through this tool, you can track your emails and send emails directly from your Google interface. You can also create and manage your automatic follow-ups to help you maximize your response rate. Yesware’s premium plan costs $35 per month.
- AutoKlose: AutoKlose is software that helps marketers to find new prospect information and generate leads. The tool integrates with Gmail and that ensures that your email has fewer chances of getting flagged as a spam email. The small business plan of AutoKlose that five users can use costs $249.95 per month.
- PitchBox: PitchBox is a tool that marketers use to connect with influencers and publishers. The tool also allows you to find new prospects. It also helps in making templates and sequencing your emails. You can book a demo with PitchBox and discuss the planning from there.
Email Outreach Best Practices and Tips
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Include your professional email address: Everyone has had those funny email addresses at one point in time. You may have deleted it or you’re still using it. But for your email outreach, you should include a professional email address.
- Don’t run in circles: There’s no need to talk about irrelevant things. You should get to the main point.
- Talk about yourself: Let the other person know about yourself. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Go with the flow, talk about current events, make some punny jokes, maybe. Introduce yourself in a manner that makes you sound like a fun and interesting person.
- Show your work: When you make some claims in your email, you should also show your work for those claims. You can add links to your previous guest blogs, interviews, and features. This way, the receiver will be able to see your skills and creativity. For example, if you’re reaching an international organization, you can show your previous work that you did with a different international organization.
- Include your contact information: Contact information should be included in your emails. Some people feel that they can converse better through social media platforms. For that reason, you should add your social media handles for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Always proofread: There can be some spelling or grammatical errors in your email. Sometimes people make the smallest of mistakes that they only see after hitting the send button. They may accidentally spell their name wrong. Therefore, you should proofread the emails thoroughly before sending them to people. Sometimes proofreading may also help you know the tone of your email.
- Be respectful: Feeling disappointed when a receiver says they’re uninterested is natural. You should respect their wishes and move on from there.
Email outreach is the way you reach new people who are a part of your industry. You reach these people because you want to promote your business or create content with them. These people can be influencers, industry giants, bloggers, content creators, or other business people.
Connecting with these people isn’t as easy as it may appear. Reaching out to them takes patience, the right skills, and the correct planning. You have to know about these people and what they do. You can’t just go to them because they have a huge audience, you should see if they can really benefit you and your business. Same way, you should have something that adds value for them.
Many would advise you that it is unprofessional to make jokes in an email. But a little humour can’t hurt anyone. Plus, if during your research you find that the other person actually appreciates some humour, then that is the green signal for you to do it.
You can choose an outreach email tool that caters to your marketing and SEO needs. Many of these tools are integrated with Google, making things easier for you. Such tools provide many other features too, like making email templates, managing email lists, and searching for new prospects.
Outreach emails are important to increase your website visibility, showing your work to many industry people, and it is a great way to explore opportunities that may help you to grow your business. Do u want help?