An order confirmation email is sent immediately after a customer places the order on your website.
According to Omnisend, order confirmation emails have an open rate of 60% which is 4x higher than any other promotional email.
What makes them so powerful? They contain transactional details that are important for customers.
In pochi punti:
- 0.1 What is an Order Confirmation Email?
- 0.2 Why Order Confirmation Email Matter
- 0.3 How to Write Order Confirmation Email
- 0.4 Order Confirmation Email Templates
- 0.5 7 Examples of Order Confirmation Email
- 0.6 Order Confirmation Email Best Practices
- 0.7 In Conclusion
- 1 Invia Gratis fino 15 mila mail.
What is an Order Confirmation An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean...?
It’s a transactional email that’s sent by the e-commerce brand to inform the customer that their order has been received and is being processed.Sleeknote.com
These emails generally contain information such as items purchased, delivery address, the amount paid, etc. However, it’s more than just a simple receipt.
You can use an order confirmation email to turn your buyers into loyal customers and then loyal customers into brand advocates.
Why Order Confirmation Email Matter
Did you know that most people delete newsletters and promotional emails within two seconds?
However, that’s not the case with an order confirmation email. They don’t directly influence conversion rates but they definitely improve brand loyalty.
It’s an email customers expect and want to receive because it contains valuable information.
Research has shown that an order confirmation email outperforms bulk marketing emails in terms of revenue, viewing time, click-throughs and open rates.
Here are 5 reasons why they’re so important.
- They assure customers. Your customer wants to be assured that you’re a legitimate company and won’t defraud them. A confirmation email is an acknowledgement that their order has been placed and their needs are going to be met soon.
- Create a sense of excitement. Once their anxiety is reduced, they start feeling positive and excited about their purchase.
- Cultivates long-term relationships. Use an order confirmation email to engage with your customers. Therefore, it not only establishes trust but also helps form long-term relationships.
How to Write Order Confirmation Email
Including all the key information for customers is crucial when sending order confirmation emails.
Customize your email to fit your brand’s image while ensuring you include the main components of the email in a clear, skimmable manner.
Here’s how to write order confirmation email:
- Mention the order number. Include a reference/order number. This is required by customers to raise issues/concerns about their orders. It allows your customer support to easily track the order and provide quick resolutions. Therefore, this information should be easily accessible so mention it at the top of the email.
- Include customer’s details. It’s wise to mention the name of your customer along with the billing address and form of payment.
- Mention the shipping address. It’s best to confirm the shipping address and mobile numbers before dispatching the order. Provide them with the opportunity to check the details and ensure the package will be delivered to the correct address.
- Include the order summary. Include information related to the customer’s purchase. For instance, mention the name of the item, SKU, quantity, size, colour, unit price and tracking link. In addition, you can also include images of the products. This allows your customers can visually confirm they’ve placed the correct order.
- Include a proper breakdown of costs. Ensure that your customer understands what they’re being charged for. Therefore, include savings from promo codes, shipping fees, taxes and the cost of the item purchased.
- Mention the estimated delivery date and the mode of shipping. This increases the customer’s confidence and also builds excitement.
- Highlight how they can contact you. Clearly mention your customer support details such as telephone number, email ID, etc.
Order Confirmation Email Templates
Here are a few order confirmation email templates to take inspiration from:
Order Confirmation Number: [order ID/number]
We’re happy to inform you that your order has been received.
We will send you another email containing a tracking number/link once your package ships so that you can easily see the location of your package.
Feel free to call us at [contact number] or email us at [email ID]!
We’re always happy to help!
Exchange/Returns: If you would like to exchange/return your product(s), please click here [link] or send us an email at [email ID].
P.S. psst… you may love these too:
[links of other products]
Your order [ID/number] has been shipped!
It’s being shipped with [name of the courier company].
Here’s the tracking link/number : [tracking no. or link] that you can use to check the location of your package (please note that the tracking link may take up to 24 hours to activate).
Thank you for placing your order!
[Your company’s name and logo]
Woo hoo! Your order has been dispatched. Your order details can be found here:
TRACKING LINK/NUMBER [link/ID]
Date of placing the order: [date]
Order #: [number]
Grand Total: [price]
BILLING and SHIPPING ADDRESS: [address]
[Table with a list of all the purchased items]
ITEMS SHIPPED QTY PRICE
Your new [item] will [work/look] great paired with:
[Links of complementary products]
7 Examples of Order Confirmation Email
Here are some of the best examples of order confirmation email that work will help you build long-term relations with your customers.
This is one of our favourite examples of order confirmation email. Allbirds is a footwear company. Their uniquely designed email to delight its customers. It contains all the necessary information such as shipping costs, address, subtotal, costs and order number. In addition, the design is simple which makes it easy to skim.
Burst has a sophisticated email design that instantly lifts the customers’ spirits. Their colourful email includes all the necessary details such as their contact information, A CTA is a phrase or word designed to get an immediate response from the reader. As the name suggests, it's usually something that involves a precise action performed by... buttons, delivery address, costs and order summary. In addition, they have a catchy subject line which builds the hype of the order.
It’s is an online food delivery platform. They highlight the remaining time until the order arrives at the customer’s address to generate excitement. Their email assures the customer and clearly contains all the necessary information. In addition, it notifies them of the remaining time until their order will be delivered. Their big, red CTA button allows you to track the order which makes you hungrier!
This one again is one of our favourite examples of order confirmation email. It’s a personalized beauty products company that reflects the packaging colours of its products in its emails. They keep the email simple and to the point by including the necessary information.
Their email not only contains important information related to their products but also creates hype about it. They use their order confirmation email to promote their brand and encourage the customer to shop again. They include several CTA buttons, tracking link, FAQs and more buttons to increase sales. They’ve beautifully crammed everything into one email without appearing pushy. In addition, it drives more conversions and engagements.
The world of eCommerce isn’t static. Marketers are constantly generating new ideas, introducing new concepts and altering old ones. Therefore, your emails shouldn’t be the exception. Try something unconventional like B&Q. The interactive elements and animated images inject life into their emails. It’s what increases the engagement rates.
We all love free stuff and no one understands that better than Gilt. therefore, they offer free shipping for all additional purchases made within an hour. To help customers shop within 60 minutes to avoid the offer, they include images of recommended products at the bottom of their email. The best part, though? Some items are at an 80% discount! Therefore, this makes the free shipping offer even more alluring. You can also offer free shipping for:
- Joining their referral program
- Sharing feedback on social media
- Orders above a specific amount
- Taking part in loyalty programs
- Purchasing more items
Order Confirmation Email Best Practices
Now that you know how to design the email, follow these standard practices to present and send the confirmation to your customers.
- Enticing subject lines. Use a creative subject line to entice the customer. Your subject line should stand out in a cluttered inbox. Use a straightforward and simple subject header such as: “Hurray! We’ve received your order!”
- Send it immediately. It drives additional sales and also shows that you care about your customer. No one likes unnecessary delays, especially your customers. Therefore, send the email immediately after they’ve made the purchase.
- Feature your best products. Since an order confirmation email has an open rate of 60%, it’s wise to promote your products via them. Include 3-5 of your best sellers to drive more sales.
- Reward program. Develop loyalty by offering rewards. It also helps establish trust and encourages repeat purchases.
- Order timeline. Let your customers know what to expect by including an order timeline.
- Order confirmation page. Ensure that you have an order confirmation page on your website. This ensures that 100% of your customers see your message.
- Personalize your email. Personalizing emails is an excellent way to create a lasting impression. Make the email attractive and use your brand’s colours.
- Encourage engagement. Include CTAs and social media icons to drive engagement. In addition, you can also request the customer to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Keep it mobile-friendly. It’s critical that your emails display properly on all devices. Therefore, offer your customers a seamless experience by ensuring that your emails render well on any device.
- Show gratitude. Don’t forget to thank your customer for choosing your brand.
A well-crafted order confirmation email will assure your customer and lay the foundation for their next purchase. Be creative and experiment. Therefore, aim to generate brand loyalty by generating positive feelings through your email.
Which order confirmation email templates did you like the most and why? Tell us in the comments section below.