Personalization means a lot especially if you’re an email marketer. A personalized email allows you to send relevant emails based on the recipient’s personal information.
In today’s article, we will see how to create personalized email, personalized email templates and more.
In pochi punti:
- 0.1 What is a Personalized Email?
- 0.2 Personalized Email Stats
- 0.3 Why Send a Personalized Email?
- 0.4 The Importance of a Personalized Email
- 0.5 How to Create Personalized Emails
- 0.6 Email Personalization Techniques
- 0.7 Best Practices and Tips to Send a Personalized Email
- 0.8 Personalized Email Templates
- 1 Invia Gratis fino 15 mila mail.
What is a Personalized An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean...?
It’s an email sent by an organisation using recipients’ data to provide them with relevant offers and information. This ensures a positive communication experience.Sendpulse.com
Personalization is a vast term. It varies in sophistication. Basic email personalization includes using the recipient’s name in the email subject line. Advanced tactics include changing the email content based on subscribers’ demographics such as location or gender.
It’s a proven way to increase click-through rates and has a measurable impact on revenue.
Personalized Email Stats
Let’s look at the awesome results a personalized email achieves:
- The open rate of personalized emails was 18.8% and non personalized emails was 13.1%.
- Transaction rates increase 6 times due to personalized email delivery.
- 58% of all revenue is generated by personalized emails.
- The targeted approach of sending personalizing user experience increases sales.
Why Send a Personalized Email?
Here are a few reasons to send a personalized email:
- Increases ROI. expect a 5-15% revenue increase if you send a personalized email.
- Increases Engagement. 91% of customers are likely to buy from businesses that send personalized emails.
- Improves Sender’s Reputation. It reduces spam complaints and lowers unsubscribe rates. It also improves email deliverability which improves sender’s reputation.
- Encourages Users to Share Personal Data. 83% of people are willing to share their personal data with brands that enable personalization. Of course, brands need to be fair and transparent about how they use this information.
- Increases Open Rates. A personalized email subject line increases the chances of open rate by 50%.
- Helps Create Better Content. Businesses that know about their subscribers are able to better demonstrate their products/services. They can do it in a more engaging and creative manner by tailoring it to their audiences’ demographics.
- Meets recipients’ expectations. When customers subscribe and provide you with their personal data, they expect personalized services from you. Ignoring this makes them feel rfustrated and gives rise to trust issues.
The Importance of a Personalized Email
Here are a few important reasons why you should send a personalized email:
- Improves Relationship. A personalized email humanizes the communication between the brand and the buyer. Therefore, they’re appreciated by marketers and subscribers alike. Subscribers feels that the brand examines and responds to their needs. In addition, it increases shared value on both sides.
- Optimal Usage of Email’s Opportunities. When a brand sends a personalized email, email’s potential marketing media is tapped. Therefore, fewer emails are required to achieve the desired results.
- Rewards Subscribers With Newer Experiences. As a brand, your main goal should be to understand your subscriber’s personality. Doing so makes the emails more informative and relatable for the subscriber. They enjoy and even look forward to receiving your emails. Therefore, sending a personalized email is an excellent way to remove irritation from the subscriber’s experience.
- Email marketing standard. Sending a personalized email has now become a standard email marketing practice. If you’re not following the same, then you will not achieve the desired results.
How to Create Personalized Emails
Here are a few easy tips to create personalized emails:
- Segment Your List. Divide your subscribers into different groups based on preferences, gender, age or location.
- Personalize The Subject Line. Add recipient’s name in the subject line. Doing so makes the recipient feel as if you’re calling out to them. It increases open rates and also builds trust.
- Use Smart Personalization. If you’re a savvy marketer, you know how to utlize data such as gender, location and age to your advantage. Use this information to create different email templates for different groups of people.
- Send Triggered Emails. Emails that are triggered according to customer’s action such as birthday emails or abandoned shopping cart emails tell your customer that you care about them. They give a friendly feeling and helps build a long-term customer relationship.
- Allow Recepients to Set Preferences. Add an ‘unsubscribe’ button and ‘manage preferences’ button in the email footer. Let the recipient decide how often they wish to hear from you.
Email Personalization Techniques
You can send a personalized email in numerous ways. It’s definitely not limited to adding the recipient’s name in the subject line. Here are a few email personalization techniques that will help you improve your campaigns:
- Ask Relevant Questions. Collect the right kind of information to be able to send a personalized email. Ask them for this information directly. You can do so by: sharing a link to the preference management center or let them decide the kind of content they want to receive.
- Monitor Cart Abandoners. Invite customers who added a product to their cart but did not purchase it. Add high-quality product images and order total in the email. In addition, encourage them to make the purchase by offering a limited time discount.
- Provide Product/Service Recommendations. By tracking your customers’ browsing history, you can understand the kind of products they buy. Send a personalized email at the right place and at the right time to boost revenue. In addition, you can upsell or cross-sell products.
- Create Customer Personas. Fill out the profiles of your customers by using information such as the customers’ problems, interests and preferences. This helps you understand them and find solutions to their problems.
- Send Trigger Emails. These emails help boost engagement and build trust. In addition, they also increase CTR.
- Celebrate Customers’ Achievements. Congratulate your user made their first purchase or had their birthday. They’ll be pleased to know that you care about tgem and wish to share their joy. Reward them by providing a unique offer to increase sales.
- Use Dynamic Content. Use content that changes based on your subscribers information. For instance, you can send a campaign with different offers for women and men with a “gender” variable.
Best Practices and Tips to Send a Personalized Email
Here are a few things to keep in mind before sending a personalized email:
- Identify Your Tasks. Decide which method of personalization will help you achieve the desired results. Then, create a plan and work towards it.
- Collect Data. Collect as much data as possible: purchase history, phone number, address, birth date, gener, age, etc. This will help you create a persoanlized email with ease.
- Add Options in Your Subscription Form. Add desired questions in the subscription form. In addition, inform your subscribers that you wish to make email updates and offers more targeted.
- Segment Email Lists. Create a different campaign for a every type of customer. Think about the best ways to segment your audience before launching a campaign. Better results are guaranteed!
- Send Triggered Emails. Go a step further and send subscribers triggered emails. This requires technical skills but they’re not difficult to learn.
Personalized Email Templates
Take inspiration from these personalized email templates below.
Adidas uses dynamic email coned based on the “gender” of the recipient. If a male prospect opens their email, then he sees the right image. On the other hand, if a female prospect opens their email, then she seeds the left image. It’s one of our favourite personalized email templates because it has minimal content and high-quality imagery. Both of which, help achieve the desired results.
It’s an online publishing platform that offers articles on topics such as personal finance, satire, sports, etc. almost all types of topics are mentioned on Medium. Their dynamic email template is excellent as it is based on your geographic location.
When you open their email, you can read the trending stories at the top (it’s also included in the subject line).
In addition, they mention the duration of all stories so that you know how much time will it take. This helps increase the open rate and builds trust.
They have been increasing their subscriber list with the help of well designed dynamic emails.
It’s a customer review portal that offers personalized content according to your location. Their emails are to the point and don’t promote cross-selling or up-selling. In fact, it does what it says: it offers reviews of your favourite restaurants with stunning images and witty alliterations.
Their template has the right mix of imagery and content. If they use too much content, they risk losing readers interest. On the other hand, if they use too many images, then they risk being marked as spam. Therefore, this creative and concise email offers a balanced approach to email marketing.
It’s a service that sends you handpicked beauty products to your doorstep every month. When you subscribe to their service, this advert informs you about the customizations for that month by showcasing specific samples.
Imagine this beautiful email dropping in your inbox in the middle of the day. It offers a colourful break from your schedule.
The layout and the products are both skimmable and pretty. The header features valuable and customized call to action buttons.
The yellow instantly catches your eye and the limited content makes it easy for you to read. They’ve broken the content into three sections by which you can easily interpret the goal of each email.
Sending a personalized email is a proven way to deliver relevant and targeted content to your recipients. Add value by sending informative content. In return, you will see an increase in the revenue of your business.
Here’s what to keep in mind:
- Gather as much data as possible to craft the most effective personalized email.
- Personalized emails result in the highest revenue and engagement.
- Segment your list to enhance personalization.
By collecting and using the right data, you will be able to achieve the desired results.
Ready to create a winning campaign? Let us know how you will send a personalized email in the comments section below!