Thank you page is that page on the websites that confirm an order of the user. This page literally says, “Thank you” to the user. There aren’t any rules to follow when you’re making this page. All you’ve to remember is that it should be positive and informative.
Use such colours, backgrounds, and fonts that people would like and appreciate. After reading the page, they should feel excited and enlightened. You may use jokes and share information about other relevant posts on your page.
Many business organizations and brands are not aware that these pages can affect their conversions as well. If you include links to your other posts, products, and newsletters, people will know more about you. The more they’ll see your content, there are chances they’ll become a frequent purchaser of your brand.
This article has highlighted some points that’ll help you create your thank you page. Read till the end to find out about the best practices to make successful pages for your brand.
In pochi punti:
What is a Thank You Page?
Thank you pages are the pages that customers see on their screens after they’ve made a purchase or completed a survey. These pages confirm to the customers that they’ve successfully made a purchase. It also informs them about other relevant orders that they can make in the future.
There are thank you pages that include videos, value offers, bonus offers, referral offers, and more. Depending on your customer base and your company system, you should design your page with some of these elements.
A thank you page isn’t only a page that thanks the customers for the purchase, though. There are multiple reasons that brands create thank you pages. These pages benefit the customers as well as the company. You may use the thank you pages to add value for customers. Such value offers will help them build a trustworthy relationship with you. Plus, you’re always looking for ways to satisfy your customers, these pages help you do that.
You may also use these pages as a way to tell your customers about other business products or services. If a customer has purchased a flower vase from your website, you may add a link to a newsletter on the thank you page. The newsletter may be about different types of flower vases, or it may highlight the benefits of a flower vase.
As long as it’s something that takes your customer to the next step, you may include it in your thank you pages.
Many businesses make a simple page and call it a day. They just think that this page has one purpose, that is, to thank the customers. More than that though, these pages can help you in making more conversions. If you really want your website visitors to take action, then you absolutely need thank you pages.
How to Create Thank You Page
Thank you pages are written for many types of customers such as new customers, and for returning customers.
In all the types of thank you pages, there must be some common elements. These elements include the following.
- Thank you or confirmation message: A confirmation message and a thank you would let the user know that their action was successful and complete. It’s one of the primary functions that you can’t forget to include in your pages. You’ve to literally spell it out for your users by saying, “Thank you for ordering” or “Your order was successful”.
- Definite CTAA CTA is a phrase or word designed to get an immediate response from the reader. As the name suggests, it's usually something that involves a precise action performed by... or Call To Action: Thank you pages are incomplete without a call to action. Your CTA has to be very clean and direct, don’t make it vague in the name of creativity. The users should look at a CTA and they should then take the next step that would help you make sales or conversions. For your CTA, you may ask them to sign up for your newsletter. You can also ask them to fill out a survey or to create an account.
- Instructions: You’ve asked the users to take the desired action, next you’ve to show them how. Tell them where they’d find the survey form or the newsletter. You may include some video tutorials to guide them properly. Again, you’ve to be very clear and precise here. Tell them exactly what has to be done to avoid any type of confusion.
Apart from these elements, there are more notes that you may include in a thank you page. You should ask your customers to follow you on your social media accounts. Many people also include coupon codes on their thank you pages. These coupon codes give the customers an off for the next purchase.
Thank You Page Template
Brands may sometimes confuse the efficiency of thank you pages with those of thank you messages. Both these elements are required to be on your website. They’re different from each other in one major aspect. This aspect is the ability to make conversions.
A thank you message is displayed after a website visitor completes a task. It’s a confirmation message that lets the user be on the same page for some time. Then it directs them towards making a purchase or filling out a survey form. Thank you messages are helpful tools for keeping the customers engaged.
Whereas, more than engagement, a thank you page also helps your business in making conversions. With these pages, you’ve more opportunities to increase your purchases, share more relevant products, and provide more options to your customers.
When making thank you pages, don’t just write thank you and some form of CTA. There are many templates that you’d find on marketing tools and websites. You take some creative inspiration from these tools. But why does it have to be creative?
Creativity is necessary for your page template because it’ll make the buyer happy. Through this opportunity, you want that buyer to feel something positive and genuine. When they’d see the efforts you’ve put into these pages, they’ll trust you more.
For these reasons, your template should have neutral, bright, and friendly colours. You may also include some jokes and memes on these pages. Let’s say that your customer is buying clothes for their pet cat. It’d be a good opportunity to add a cat meme to your page.
You may also write a goodbye message on that page, but that message should always make them want to come back. Maybe here, you can announce some offers that you’d give out during the holidays.
The Best Thank You Page Examples
Thank you pages count for a successful marketing effort. They help you make more conversions and they also keep your customers satisfied. Through them, your website visitors can know about the other products and services you offer.
Here are some examples of brands that have created effective thank you pages.
On their thank you page, KickResume informed the users that their e-book is on the way. It means that the order placed by the user was successful. For their call to action, Kick Resume asked the users to share the e-book with their friends.
HubSpot’s page tells the users that their sign-up for the course was successful. They also included that the users will get the first lesson in their emails. Not only that, HubSpot informs them that through email they’d notify the users of each week’s lesson.
Shopify created their page for when the users registered for a webinar with them. With bold big text on the page, they made it very clear that the user has been registered for the webinar. They also gave an option to the users to mark the event on their Google calendars.
The Litmus than you page informs users of their e-book purchase. The page includes information that tells the user that they can download the book from there. They also let the users know that they use spam filtration. By this, users are assured that they won’t get any unnecessary emails from Litmus.
- Copy Blogger
Copy Blogger made this page for their free membership. On this page, they’ve included all the benefits that free members have for themselves. It mentions that they get access to the marketing library and email content to help them out with blogging.
Tips and Best Practices
When making a thank you page for your website, there are certain tips that would help you. Your thank you page may be working very well right now, but you can always make some alterations.
These changes may also help users in knowing about your other offers. Plus, it’d be extremely beneficial for you if such tips get you more leads.
Following are some tips and best practices you may use in your thank you pages.
- Show Your Authority: You don’t have to make false promises or use bold words to show your authority. If you want to demonstrate your authority, then show the users how many brands you’ve worked with. You may include this under the section of “As featured in”.
Seeing your famous features, people may want to engage with you more. It’ll also build more trust between both you and your users.
- Offer Discounts: People love discounts on their favourite products. Your business will do well in creating thank you pages that let the users know about discount offers. If it’s someone’s first offer, then tell them that they’ll get 30% off. Include these offers regularly, else the users may go to a competitor.
- LinkA link is a connection that let you jump from a webpage to another. It can be attached to pieces of text, images or HTML elements and it's actually a... Your Best Posts: If the users like your products or content, then they’d obviously be interested in knowing more. For this reason, you should add links to your most popular content on the thank you pages. Simply ask the users, “Hey! If you want to know more about XYZ, then check these posts.”
- Ask For Engagement: When you create your thank you pages, you may include links for Instagram lives or Facebook lives. You may ask your customers to engage with you on these platforms. Inform them on the page that you’d be answering all of their doubts and queries.
Thank you pages don’t just thank users for buying a certain product. These pages also help brands in letting the users know about more of their products. It’s important that you thank your users with full respect.
With that, you should also guide them onto different things that may help them or their friends. On a thank you page, you may ask users to sign up for your weekly newsletter. You can also ask them to share about a certain purchase or registration with their friends.
There are a few elements that you always have to include on these pages. You’ve to write a confirmation message for the users. This will tell them that their order placement was successful. Besides that, you may also guide them to sign up for the newsletter or for filling out a survey. If the page is created perfectly, your users will want to know more about your brand.
Did you like our tips or creating thank you pages? What do you include in your thank you page? Tell us in the comments below!