We all love to receive an acknowledgement. Be it after we’ve said something or even bought something. However, Receiving an acknowledgement becomes even more important when you make purchases. Receiving this while making offline purchases was always easy. Buy something and get a receipt. How does this work online though? Do you really want to check your account and orders list again and again? You’d rather just like to receive a confirmation email from that company.
That’s how important these emails are. However, they are just not meant for purchases. They serve so many purposes. Be it a cancellation or even a basic sign-up, these emails help you keep track of your activity online. On the other hand, these emails do more than that for a company. They are opened more than a company’s promotional emails. Therefore, making them a good marketing opportunity.
In pochi punti:
What Is Confirmation An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean...?
So, a confirmation email is basically like a notice or acknowledgement. We find them very often in our primary inbox. In addition, we also expect these emails and open them often. This is because customers like receiving formal confirmation of their important actions. What better way to communicate than an email? This email works just like a transaction. Whatever action you take online triggers that email to be automatically sent to you. For instance, you sign-up for a newsletter using your email address. The very next second you will receive an email confirming your subscription.
Honestly, there are so many types of confirmation emails one can receive. Be it your online ticket bookings or just suspected log-ins. It is interesting how these emails are given so much importance. However, many companies tend to not use this opportunity. A lot of them send out simple and plain confirmation emails. Companies may actually be missing out on good revenue by doing so.
However, it is so much more than just confirming a customer’s action. It is about using these emails to upsell your company by going the extra mile.
The Importance and Benefits of Email Confirmation
People often think of these emails as just a boring old template used by every other company. However, these types of emails are actually great for email marketers. They have advantages that one can make good use of. Some of those benefits are:
- Quick Marketing: They have a good open rate. Their open rates are in fact twice the rate of the usual promotional emails sent. This statistic is actually very obvious. Don’t we all hate opening promotional emails? We all like to open that one information-based email and be done with it. Having that kind of open rate opens a lot of places to market as well. This is the right time to grab your customer’s attention by making them do more. For instance, you may offer them a discount on purchase, followed by showing a line of your products available at discount. You may also sign them up for a free trial and somehow urge them to take action.
- Final Confirmation: This is obviously the most important reason these emails are sent. They act as an acknowledgement by the company. In fact, customers find it annoying when companies don’t send these emails. This is honestly a good way of judging a company’s credibility too. As a customer, you are always on edge about providing your data and paying money to the right seller. Therefore, not receiving these emails can be slightly scary. You may not want to purchase or book anything from that company again.
- Primary inbox: These emails usually tend to be in your primary inbox. This leads to them being opened quicker. People are very less likely to open other tabs like promotions. People generally only open their primary and update tabs on Gmail.
Pros and Cons
Honestly, a confirmation email have a lot more advantages if used correctly. Some advantages of sending these emails are:
- Trust and security: Receiving a well-written and detailed confirmation helps give a sense of security. Customers feel assured that the company isn’t a fraud and that they would receive their products. Therefore, these emails talk a lot about the company’s credibility.
- Offers: This is a good time of offering discounts and coupons on their next purchases. These offers that come within a time period usually lead to repeat purchases from the customer. However small, who doesn’t like a discount?
- Upselling: This is also a good chance for a company to upsell its other products. Showcasing such information along with the email can make a customer go through them.
- Good possibility: There is a better probability of these emails opening since they land in the primary inbox.
- Increases CTR: These all increase a company’s click-through rate.
On the other hand, the disadvantages of these emails are not so specific. These are usually just the simple mistakes that marketers can make.
- Forget or miss: This is a very common problem. Some customers may miss reading these emails while some may forget to confirm.
- Typo – errors: A mistyped email can give the wrong impression. Along with this, emails with any wrong information can make a customer lose trust. Be it numbers or content, you want your email to be on point and correct.
- Refusal to subscribe: Some websites tend to request subscription fees later over email. Customers may actually find this a major turn-off.
- Spam: A lot of companies may have a long confirmation process. This is usually in terms of sign-ups or memberships. Continuous emails and a long process can make a customer leave it mid-way.
The Best Confirmation Email Examples
Here are a few confirmation email examples that might help you understand them better:
You must have received an amazon order confirmation at least once. It provides you with a simple and small thank you. It gives you a detailed summary of your entire transaction. This includes the date your order might arrive as well as your address. Such order confirmations make things easier for the customer. They provide you with everything on one page itself. At the same time, they also provide you with suggestions and recommendations based on your browser history.
They use a simple yet creative design to send a confirmation. It contains your entire order summary in detail. In addition, it also has information about the seller. They also show you a few options that others have bought and liked. Their email is user-friendly. It has embedded social media links as well as other options. You can easily navigate through their email.
Their registration confirmation is pretty straightforward. They take your confirmation before sending further emails. Along with it, they also give the customer a clear idea about what to expect. They show that they are a user-friendly place. They leave it all to your choice and inform you about how to unsubscribe easily as well.
They have a very easy and simple design template. It gives the feeling of a proper bill. Although certain options make it easier. You have buttons that will redirect you to tracking links. They also provide you with their contact for customer service. Such emails are hassle-free and also provide extra value to their customers. However, one may try to upsell their products alongside too.
All in all, confirmation email have a lot of potential. They can in fact be a good source of revenue if used better. It is great that they are automated emails. This makes the work of every company easy and smooth. Such emails are good for conversations and can bring a good return too. One might actually not even consider them as marketing tools. However, they make excellent marketing emails.
It’s good to keep certain simple tactics in mind while making your email templates. It is always important to have a detailed summary of whatever is in store for your customer. If it is an order confirmation, a customer likes a detailed order summary. If it’s a subscription, a customer would like to know what they can expect. These details include everything. Your payment summary to order number. In addition, it should also have the important dates and all the mailing information. People also like it when they don’t have to search too much for your contact. Your email should be customer friendly too. Therefore, you may add contact information for any queries or doubts.
Finally, don’t miss this chance! Use it to show your products and promote a little. Keep it subtle yet try to have a good influence on your customer. Offers in these emails are a very good incentive to gain more revenue. All these small things can go a long way for any company. Therefore, use them to craft a better email.
Do you think confirmation emails should be used for marketing too? Do you like detailed confirmation emails as well? Let us know in the comments section below.