An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean... blasts are a great strategy to send a single email to a large number of people.
Here, no personalization or segmentation is required. They were sent by marketers when there were no legal regulations.
However, today, you get good engagement from your users if you send personalized emails. People don’t prefer receiving emails that don’t interest them. Therefore, email blasts aren’t as effective as they used to be.
In today’s article, we will understand what email blasts are with examples.
In pochi punti:
What is Email Blast?
People send emails to communicate between family, friends and colleagues. In addition, marketers use them to communicate with their customers. However, the emails people send and the emails sent by marketers have one basic difference. People send one-to-one messages. However, most marketers send email blasts to all of their users.
Email blasts are also known as email broadcasts. Here, one single email is sent to a large group of users instead of direct communication between two people.
The email delivers to hundreds of people in a single go. For instance, marketers send email blasts to announce the launch of new products.
It makes you wonder if email blasts are a good strategy.
It offers scale and flexibility. They’re a great tool for small businesses to increase sales.
However, not all email blasts work. Just because you can email your users at once doesn’t mean you should do it.
It’s a powerful strategy. However, it needs careful planning and execution.
Some marketers believe email blasts are an outdated strategy. It can be true if you have a large database of segmented audiences. However, it works for small businesses.
Here are a few reasons why customers may not like email blasts:
- Unexpected. Unlike newsletters, email blasts don’t have a fixed schedule. Therefore, users may resist them.
- Not personalized. We all love receiving personalized services. Therefore, people don’t like emails that aren’t personalized for them.
- Untargeted. Email blasts contain the same message for everyone. Therefore, it makes people feel unimportant.
- Unsegmented. Email blasts are for all your users. Every user’s taste and preference aren’t taken into account.
Pros and Cons
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of email blasts.
- Helps increase brand awareness. It helps remind customers of the brand from time to time.
- Increases the rate of conversions. Since a lot of people receive it, the chances of conversion increase.
- It’s cost-effective. You can send them with one click. In addition, they don’t require a lot of time and effort.
- It’s easy to share. You can share them with prospects and users alike.
- They’re easy to measure. With a good email marketing tool like MailsenPai, you can measure the metrics of the email blasts.
- Violates the law. As a marketer, you need to be careful about sending email blasts. For instance, sending promotional emails without the permission of users is illegal in some countries.
- They’re not personalized. Therefore, they may end up in the spam folder.
- They’re not targeted. Since these emails are sent to all of your users, they’re not targeted.
- They’re not segmented. Not all your email subscribers will be interested in receiving all your company information. For instance, some might be interested in knowing about product launches. However, others might be interested in knowing about sales and discounts. Therefore, sending the same email to everyone isn’t always a good idea.
How to Create an Email Blast
If you want your email blasts to be successful, then you need a proper plan in place. Here’s how to properly create an email blast:
- Define your goals. What is your goal in sending this email? Is it to generate more sales or signups? Or do you want to drive more traffic to your website? Define the goals before creating the email.
- Choose a good email blast service. Choose a good automation tool like MailsenPai. It will help you build emails and personalize them. In addition, it integrates with your CRM so that everything is in one place.
- Design the email. Create an attractive headline and email copy. Add a few images and A CTA is a phrase or word designed to get an immediate response from the reader. As the name suggests, it's usually something that involves a precise action performed by... buttons. Your subject line is the most important element of the email blast. Therefore, ensure that it’s catchy. However, don’t use words like “millions” or “urgent” as they can trigger the spam filters.
- Choose the list. If you run a small business and your audience is interested in receiving updates, then send the email blast to all users. However, send the email to a segmented list if you have a large number of users.
- Run A/B tests. This helps you identify mistakes and correct them before you send the actual email. Therefore, it will increase your response rates.
- Measure results. Wait for 3-5 days before you measure the results. Track data like open and click-through rates. In addition, also check the unsubscribe rate.
Tips to Improve Email Blasts
Amaze your subscribers every time you send an email. Here are a few useful tips to improve your email blasts.
- Create a good email design. The design of your email should be consistent. In addition, it should have the same colours as that of your brand and website. You can also hire a graphic designer or email marketer. They will help you create email designs that will leave your readers amazed. However, if you don’t have a budget, you can use a template. In addition, you can use an email marketing tool like MaisenPai that provides tools to design a stunning email campaign.
- Send emails at the right time. Marketers send emails at 8:30 am on Thursday as it’s the most optimal time. However, this may or may not work for you. Therefore, it’s best to ask an expert or experiment.
- Be Consistent. Follow the same writing style and have the same colours. In addition, have a clear message and add your brand logo. This will help readers understand your brand personality. In addition, your users will feel familiar every time they receive an email from you.
- Personalize your emails. Win your users’ wallets and hearts by personalizing emails! Personalize the subject line. It helps you create a connection with your users. In addition, it helps generate trust. Therefore, it generates more open and click-through rates.
- Measure results and optimize. Track and measure results. It will help you understand what your users like and dislike. This information will help you improve your future campaigns.
- Use email blasts smartly. It makes sense when you need to spread a message in a small amount of time but to a lot of people. It’s ideal for events and product launches. In addition, you can use email blasts for sales and giveaways.
5 Best Email Blast Examples
You’ve understood the basics of email blasts. Therefore, it’s time to look at how companies are using them to increase revenue.
Their emails explain how their brand kit can help businesses create a better brand voice. In addition, it also explains how businesses can engage better with their audience by using their brand kit. They have added a large email copy. However, it’s clearly divided into sections. In fact, they used images to break text. In addition, it contains helpful links. This helps the users understand the concept better.
Their email blasts are professional and sleek. Its design increases conversions. The focus of the email is on one flagship product. The description is short and to the point. This helps the users quickly scan the email and take the desired action.
This email informs the users of a limited-time discount of $75 a year for their premium subscription. The overall design of the email is excellent. They focus on the price and the date to create s sense of urgency. This helps them increase revenue.
This email blast is the perfect example for marketers. Since they wanted to send it to everyone, they added links to all the product categories. For instance, the links to “women”, “men”, etc. ate clearly added below the logo. It is a great idea because even if someone is not interested in kid’s clothes, they can still click on their area of interest. This way, they can shop for what they want.
- Magic Spoon
Their email is colourful and playful. In addition, they use animation to showcase social proof. It keeps the reader interested and take the desired action. In addition, their design is simple. It ensures the email displays properly on all devices.
Email blasts in 2022 may seem like a bad idea. However, as you saw, you can succeed with it with careful planning.
Email blasts may not work for all brands. Marketers think of them as useless emails. However, it’s a great strategy for small businesses.
In addition, brands can use them when they need to spread the news about something in a short amount of time.
Email blasts work well for:
- Contests and giveaways
- Product launches
- Product launches
Follow the tips and personalise your emails to get a good response. Now that you’re fully equipped with the knowledge, you can start sending email blasts.
Take the first step. Remember, if you need a tool that offers more than your average email blast service, MaulsenPai is just a click away!
Have you ever sent an email blast? If yes, which mistakes did you make and how did you correct them? Tell us in the comments section below!