Have you ever been through an online newsletter? You must have wondered how people get this online newsletter every day though. These things offline are different. Although, the same things online are way simpler. The entire process is easy and extremely low-effort. All you need is an email account. However, you must use your email address to fill out an email signup form. This is how you will get on to anyone’s mailing list. That is exactly how simple email signup is!
Plenty of brands and companies use these forms in order to send in their weekly newsletters or promotional emails. The best part about it is getting access to interested customers. No one enjoys receiving emails from any company. Therefore, customers will only subscribe to those few brands they really want to connect with.
For instance, if you enjoy pizza from Domino’s, you would like to be updated about all its new offers. How will you do that? By subscribing to them via an email sign-up form. The process is simple, quick and usually free.
In pochi punti:
What Is An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean... Signup Form?
An email signup form is a marketing tool used to grow the mailing list of companies. This is just a basic fill-up form to collect subscribers’ information. People often think about what is so important about an email form. Email signup forms are taken lightly. However, it is not such a simple decision.
Email signup forms play an important role. Without these, email marketing is almost impossible. We all know how powerful email marketing can be. These emails hold even more power because they have been given out of will. People only subscribe to you because they like your work and want to keep knowing more. Therefore, having such people on your mailing list is like having promising leads.
Apart from this, you must also know where and when to show this email signup form. There are various types of these signup forms. You have inline forms which are placed somewhere within your webpage. It could be in the sidebar or at the bottom. Some forms are like pop-ups. They appear on screen at specific moments while you scroll. One of the best ways to embed email signup forms is the two-step pop up. Whenever a customer clicks on a link/button on your page, the form immediately pop-ups. This is among the best ways because people usually do end up subscribing.
The Importance and Benefits of Email Subscription
Getting more email subscriptions through email signup forms has plenty of benefits. All these benefits are linked to the importance of email marketing. Some of these benefits are:
- Keeps you connected: Email marketing helps you maintain regular contact with your customers. It is the best way of keeping them informed about any major changes or updates. It is also among the best ways to send promotions and incentives your customers’ way.
- Large reach: Email marketing has a far and wide reach. Why? Almost everyone owns an email account. It is also a preferred way of signing up for websites or mobile applications. People do prefer this to keep away from any calls. Therefore, using email signup forms on websites is beneficial. It gives them a huge audience to connect with.
- Cost-effective: the cost that email marketing takes is pretty affordable. You can reach huge audiences at a small amount.
- Targeted messages: Email mailing lists can also be segmented. This segmentation helps send targeted messages to specific groups. This also helps send personalised content to your customers.
- Builds trust and credibility: Since all the subscribers you get through email signups are permission-based, it helps build trust. There is a low chance of your email being reported or marked as spam. Emailing subscribers is expected. Therefore, this helps build your credibility as a brand.
How to Create an Email Signup Form
You can create an email signup form using MailsenPai. Follow these simple steps to create a beautiful form:
- Click on “audience”
- Click on the “audience dashboard”
- Click on “current audience” and choose “manage audience”
- Choose “signup forms” from the drop-down menu and finally select “form builder”
You can finally move on to designing your form. Add your texts and images as per your own requirements. Your email signup form should be as simple as possible. It should also reflect your brand too. This could be through your words or the colours you use.
Top 4 Strategies To Create Email Signup Form
An email signup form is easy to create. However, adding a little more thought into it works wonders. Here are some ways you can create a good email signup form:
- Use double opt-in: Anyone can sign up using any email address. Nowadays, people do have more than one account. However, you want genuine people to sign up for your page. This is because you are looking at possible customers. To ensure this consider using a double opt-in email. This helps confirm your customer’s subscription twice. This is not only a good way to know if you have the right email address but also helps you get good quality leads.
- Be easy and simple: Email signup forms are the easiest to deal with. Therefore, don’t complicate them. Don’t ask for too many details and keep it straightforward. People don’t like to answer too many questions about their personal details. Therefore, a complex process will turn your customers away.
- Place and time your form well: Making the form might be easy but placing and timing it is tough. You must have an idea about how your customers will find it easily. Do you think a pop-up form would work well? If so, when should it pop up? To decide on these two aspects, you must know your audience well. You must also have an idea about your website metrics.
- Welcome emails: A customer doesn’t like to subscribe and receives nothing in return. A customer is obviously expecting an email after their subscription. Normally, people send a confirmation email welcoming the customer.
- Be clear and concise: Your customer must know why they should fill out your form. Therefore, add a small description to your form. Don’t make it long. However, even a small line like “For weekly updates, sign up” works.
Pros and Cons
Email signup forms don’t have any disadvantages as such. It is a great marketing tool which can either work in your favour or not. It totally depends upon your form (its place and timing) as well as your customer.
However, some advantages of email signup forms are:
- It obviously helps you build a good mail list and thereby reach possible quality leads.
- It also helps build a customer’s trust in your brand.
- It helps you connect with your customers in real-time. You can send personalised and used to send targeted content.
On the other hand, the disadvantages of email signup forms can be the following:
- Customers often lose interest by seeing these pop-up forms. They may not like sharing their email.
- Some customers may end up giving a wrong email address or a fake one. This is a big disadvantage for the company. You end up spending unnecessary money and effort if you don’t have the double opt-in option.
The Best Email Signup Form Templates and Examples
Here are some good examples of great email signup forms:
This sustainable shoe brand uses a simple and creative way. They make things different by using a simple phrase like “want first dibs?” This is followed by an incentive. Those who sign up will get information about limited edition products before anyone else. This is a cool way to attract customers who are genuinely interested in buying shoes. Their form is right at the bottom of their page. They also mention how you can opt-out of their email list any time you want. This makes a customer subscribe even more.
- Kate Spade
This fashion company also uses an interesting email signup form. They also offer pop-up forms which offer a certain discount in exchange for a sign-up. This is along with a good A CTA is a phrase or word designed to get an immediate response from the reader. As the name suggests, it's usually something that involves a precise action performed by... button too. Alongside this, they have their email signup form at the bottom of the page too. They say “we have so much to tell you” with a stress on the “so.”
Vogue keeps it simple. It just has one simple sign-up form on the top. It completely leaves it upon you to either notice or ignores it. However, this might be vogue’s way of banking on its quality content.
This company has a great-looking website. Therefore, their email signup form is interestingly placed too. It appears right below the screen like a pop-up and offers a discount for your information.
All in all, email signup forms are the perfect way to get as many people as possible. It is simple, easy and effective. However, a company must ensure using the right ways to produce good quality leads.
What do you think about email signups? Do you think they make things easier for brands? Do u want our help?