Do you know how to run an email marketing campaign? Do you know how to create an effective email marketing strategy? Over 269 billion emails are sent every day. This means that you need to face a lot of competition.
And the competition is just going to increase with time. That’s why it’s crucial to understand the basics of email marketing so that you can not only reach your target audience but also keep them interested.
In pochi punti:
- 1 What is an Email Marketing Campaign?
- 2 11 Types of Email Marketing Campaign
- 3 How to Create an Email Marketing Campaign
- 4 Email Marketing Campaign Examples
- 5 Email Marketing Campaign Best Practices and Tips
- 6 In Conclusion
What is an An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean... Marketing Campaign?
An email marketing campaign is a coordinated set of individual emails that are sent over a fixed time period with a single purpose. The most common examples of CTAs or purposes are “buy now”, “Sign up today”, etc.Campaign Monitor
Every email contains a captivating subject line, focused copy and a A CTA is a phrase or word designed to get an immediate response from the reader. As the name suggests, it's usually something that involves a precise action performed by... button that helps achieve the email marketing campaign’s goal.
An email marketing campaign is a sequence of marketing efforts that reaches multiple people at once. They’re designed to reach the subscribers at the best time. They provide relevant offers and valuable content.
Using an email marketing campaign allows you to build trusting relationships with your subscribers.
One of the main reasons why people prefer email marketing is because it’s widely used. According to this article, 74% of teenagers and 90% of emails regularly use email.
Therefore, email marketing is the perfect tool to build customer relationships and nurture leads.
However, before you run a successful email marketing campaign, you need to understand how you can make the most of it.
11 Types of Email Marketing Campaign
There are different types of email marketing campaign. Therefore, it’s important to select a style that helps you achieve your goals.
- Welcome emails. They’re sent when people subscribe to your mailing list.
- Announcement emails. They’re sent to announce something special. For instance, marketers use them to announce events, releases or anniversaries, etc.
- Holiday emails. They’re sent to engage people during the holidays by offering discounts and offers. In addition, you may use them to offer freebies to encourage sales.
- Testimonial request emails. These types of email marketing campaign are sent to ask customers to leave feedback by reviewing, commenting or taking a survey.
- Seasonal emails. They’re sent to promote seasonal products such as raincoats in the rainy season or woollen clothes during the winter season.
- Reactivation emails. They’re sent to inactive clients who have either forgotten or lost interest in your brand. Instead of just bidding them goodbye, you can try to reactivate and remind them how much they mean to you.
- Invitation emails. They’re used to invite subscribers to attend an event, conference, party or webinar.
- Cross-selling emails. They’re used to promote related products. For instance, if someone bought a sweater, a pair of gloves would be great to cross-sell.
- Upselling emails. It’s sent to encourage customers to spend more expensive or upgraded products. For instance, let’s assume someone has bought a beauty product (such as a lip balm) worth $5. Send an upselling email and recommend them to try another beauty product (such as an eye shadow palette) worth $20.
- Abandoned shopping cart emails. These are sent to remind the customer they’ve forgotten to complete the purchase. Offer them a time-sensitive discount to increase conversions.
- Newsletters. They’re informative emails that educate subscribers and are one of the most popular types of email marketing campaign.
How to Create an Email Marketing Campaign
Wondering how to create an email marketing campaign to achieve your goals? Follow these steps to create a successful campaign.
1. Create a Targeted Email List
You want to start your email marketing campaign by creating a list of qualified leads. These people should be genuinely interested in what you’re offering. One of the most popular ways to create a targeted email list is to convert your website’s visitors into subscribers.
However, that’s easier said than done. Almost 80% of people leave the website without subscribing to the mailing list.
Therefore, it’s wise to use exit-intent popups to convert such visitors into subscribers.
The aim of such pop-ups is to detect the user’s behaviour. They appear when the visitor is about to leave your website. This ingenious technology helps skyrocket your conversions.
2. Understand Your Goals
Good marketing starts with a clear set of goals. To run an effective email marketing campaign, understand what you wish to achieve. Here are the most common goals for campaigns:
- Welcome new subscribers by telling them about your brand. In addition, you can highlight your brand values as well.
- Boosting engagement with your brand. It can be promoting a new product or offering free products.
- Nurture existing subscribers by offering something valuable.
- Re-engage subscribers who aren’t active.
- Segment your subscribers so that you can send highly targeted emails.
3. Know Your Audience
It’s important to understand who your audience is before sending emails. Gather data from your social media profiles of Google Analytics to get started.
Both sources show data based on demographic factors such as location, interests, gender, etc. This information allows you to understand who your target audience is and what they’re most interested in. it’s a good starting point for crafting an effective email marketing campaign.
4. Design Emails Properly
Think of your email marketing campaign as your brand’s extension. Use the same colours, font and tone in your email as that of your website.
The design of your emails should be in alignment with your brand’s personality. Keep the design clutter-free and professional.
Use a few photos or media to keep the reader engaged. In addition, ensure that the emails open properly on all types of devices.
5. Use Technology Smartly
Use an email marketing service such as MailsenPai to create a successful email marketing campaign. It has some great features such as:
- Easy creation and automation of campaigns including workflows and templates.
- Integrations with other software such as WordPress.
- Ways to segment your target audience.
- An in-depth analysis report of your campaign’s performance.
6. Create Opt-in Forms
You need to encourage more people to join your mailing list. To do so, you need to create different types of opt-in forms. For best results, add opt-ins in different places.
7. Email Cadence
This prevents overwhelming your subscribers by flooding their inbox with your emails. Stick to a fixed schedule to send emails.
8. Craft Your Email
Start by creating a compelling subject line. It’s what makes the readers open your email. If you use a boring subject line, then your emails will remain unopened.
Next, write the body of the email. Personalizing emails is a great way to ensure that the reader takes the desired action. Offer something valuable and keep the email to the point. This ensures that the reader stays interested.
9. Test and Monitor
Send your first test email to test the design, layout, subject line, copy and CTA. in addition, test emails with different segments and send them at different times.
Once you have optimised it, send the email to your subscribers so that you can start collecting data. It’s the key to improving future campaigns.
Monitor your metrics such as delivery rate, open rate, click-through rate, etc. this will help you understand what works with your audience and what doesn’t.
Email Marketing Campaign Examples
Now that you have understood how to create a campaign, it’s time to look at some email marketing campaign examples.
1. Garnet Hill
They invite their subscribers to enter a contest where they can win a gift card worth $500 if they leave a review of the product they like. This simple email marketing technique allows them to boost customer engagement. In addition, they’re able to collect valuable user-generated data.
They send a friendly welcome email. The tone of the email is warm which instantly makes the reader feel good. They include a lot of links to helpful resources that their readers find valuable as pet owners. In addition, Petco even lets its readers create a pet profile to receive customized gifts and offers.
3. Mac Cosmetics
They definitely know how to nurture a lead. They regularly send educational emails such as “How-to” guides to their readers. This teaches the readers how to properly use their products and enhance their looks.
It’s a customer data management platform that sends invitation emails to its subscribers for events. The email clearly showcases the speakers and explains why the reader will benefit from attending the event.
5. True Citrus
They celebrate their subscribers’ anniversaries by sending them milestone emails. In addition, they offer a generous 40% time-sensitive discount. It shows the subscriber how much the brand values them.
The brand congratulates its subscribers on their birthday by offering them a 15% discount on in-store and online purchases. This not only boosts sales but also increases customer loyalty.
Email Marketing Campaign Best Practices and Tips
Here are a few best practices to consider when sending emails.
- Allow subscribers to set preferences. This makes personalization and segmentation easier. Offer the subscribers to set their email preferences in the welcome email or add a link in your email footer.
- Add Alt-text for images. Alternative text is the hidden text that allows the reader to understand what the image was about if the image doesn’t display properly.
- Plan drip campaigns. Plan a sequence of emails to achieve long-term goals.
- Encourage sharing. Reward subscribers for sharing your email on social media. Offer discounts or offers to subscribers who shared your email with their friends and family.
- Send personalized birthday campaigns. Request your subscribers to add their birth dates. Send them an email to wish them and offer a discount or free product to create a long-term relationship with them.
We hope this guide helped you understand how to create and run a successful email marketing campaign.
Understand the basics of email marketing to ensure that you send emails that increase conversions.
Which type of email marketing campaign do you send to your subscribers? Tell us in the comments section below!