EmailAn email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean... marketers write a killer email to increase people’s interest in a brand’s products and services. These emails invite people by using creative and clever words. Marketers essentially send these emails to their audiences and prospects who’ve earlier engaged with the brand.
One of the main aims of these killer email campaigns is to find the right group of people. These people aren’t the usual clients on the brand’s mailing list. Rather, the brand hopes to interact more with these people via killer emails.
In this article, we have discussed the importance of subject lines in killer emails. We have also mentioned some more tips that’ll help you write better killer emails.
In pochi punti:
What is Killer Email?
These are those types of emails that make people curious. The curiosity comes when they read the subject line and the content of the email. In simple terms, a killer email is a type of attention-grabbing email.
When you write these emails, you want your prospects and audiences to really click on the email. To make them click, you have to know about emails and about people.
Talking about emails, you know in general what an email should appear like. These killer emails also follow a similar format. Here, you first introduce yourself to the reader after greeting them.
In the next step, you talk to the reader about them. You let them know how you found them. You aim to build a nice story in your email. The narrative should be clear, simple, and logical for the reader.
Thereafter, you may start talking about your brand or product to them. You explain to them how it’d be beneficial and worthy. You list all the important features of your product. When you’re writing this section of the email, make sure you don’t sound sales-y.
Instead, talk to the reader in a friendly and normal tone that doesn’t sound robotic. Your prospects should be able to understand the emotions through those words.
When it comes to people, know that you’re sending these emails to the right people. You should know if they’ve previously shown interest in your product or your brand.
You can’t send killer emails to people before doing a proper email segmentation. This will help you in narrowing down the list of people who may read your email.
Another important element that’ll help you grab more attention is your email subject line. As these are the first words that your prospects will read, make sure that they are ingenious.
How to Write Killer Email?
Writing killer emails needs some preparation and thinking. Email marketers have to figure out many things before they write such an email. You can’t begin writing as soon as you have an idea. When you think of an idea, you should know you’ll be able to put it out there.
Here are steps you can follow to write a killer email.
- Conduct research: The first step in writing killer emails is to do a thorough research. When you’re researching, try to find out about the target audiences and the prospects. You should use social media tools like Facebook and Instagram to find out what these people like. Find out if they know about you, your brand, or your products.
- Use a creative subject line: Subject lines are a must in your killer emails. When writing your subject line, don’t write it in all capital letters. You don’t want to appear as a person who’s yelling for attention. Just make sure that your subject line is simple and creative.
- Use salutation: In these emails, salutation is also a must. Know the culture, know the person who’s going to receive the email. You shouldn’t assume their gender in any way. You may just write, “Hi/Hello *insert name*”. This is simple and enough.
- Focus on email body: Here, you have to use some narration. However, there’s no need to overeducate them. You should only give certain relevant information in this email. You may add some social proof in the email body. Plus, if something can be said in less words, then say it in less words only.
- End it nicely: Just like salutation, you should sign off nicely too. At the end of the email, sign off in the similar tone of the salutation.
The Best Killer Cold Emailing Strategies
35% of marketers send their customers 3-5 emails per week.
Therefore, as an email marketer, you write many types of emails on a daily basis. All these emails are different from each other in many aspects. One of the emails they write is the killer email.
When writing these emails, you’d need the best strategies to make sure that you reach more people. Following are some of the best strategies you’d need the next time you’d write a killer email.
- Make it relatable: Not only the introduction, but the whole email body has to be relevant. By relevant, it means that when the receiver reads the email, they’d feel some emotions. It may be funny to them, or it may be a really intelligent email to them.
- Add social proof: When you add social proof in your emails, it tells people that your product is good. Social proofs become like a symbol of the authenticity of your brand and products. It’ll also help in showing the success rate of your brand to customers and prospects.
- Be reachable: By reachable, it’s meant that the email receivers should be able to find you. They should know how to get back in touch with you. So, you can include your contact numbers and social media handles at the end of the email.
- Don’t use templates: Many people end up using templates from the internet for writing these emails. Using templates would make your emails sound cliché.
- Define your goals: As any other marketing strategy, for killer emails too, you need to know your goals. Think about what you want to achieve with these emails.
- Do proofread: Before hitting send, proofread to check if there are no errors. Check their name, your name, numbers and other values.
The Best Killer Email Subject Line
The subject lines are the very first words that the receiver reads in an email. You want these very first words to be impressive. They should catch people’s attention and make them curious. In no way, they should sound spammy to the prospects.
Following are some of the tips you’ll need to write your subject lines.
- Use segmentation for the audience: Email segmentation would help you in sending emails to the right people. This means that you’ll be able to target people in a better way. Segmentation allows you to send specific content to different prospects.
- Run A/B tests: A/B testing would help you make comparisons and find out what works better. These tests will also let you know how you can improve your subject lines. There are many email marketing tools that help you in A/B testing. You may use these tools to find out what subject lines will work on these emails.
- Say no to clickbait: When writing the subject line for your killer email, don’t make any false promises. Whatever you’re claiming in your subject line must be the truth. Clickbaits may work on a few people. But, many other people would report you once they see these false promises.
- Know the writing etiquettes: Use decent language when writing your subject line. You may use clever words in your email subject lines. You shouldn’t write the subject line in all capital letters. Emojis are something that would help you in adding some element to your subject lines of killer emails.
- Say more using fewer words: Subject lines don’t make use of many characters. Hence, you have to say it all by using fewer words. You may use numbers or values in the subject lines. Sometimes, even just three words do the trick.
Tips and Best Practices
When writing killer emails, there are many tips that you’d find helpful. Through these emails, you want to grab someone’s attention. You want them to be curious enough that they would want to engage with you.
You should focus on the contents of the email as well as on the prospects. Format your killer email in a way that looks genuine and interesting.
Here are some of the best practices you may utilize to write killer emails.
- Focus on writing and designing: Your emails need to sound good and look good. These days, many people use memes in their emails. Memes are liked by many millennials, so they’d be helpful if you’re writing emails to millennials.
As for writing, you should include the reader’s name in the email. You can also use some humour here. Besides that, the whole language has to be simple in these emails.
- Try to be relevant: People wouldn’t really be interested in reading your email if it’s not relevant for them. You’ll make an email more relevant when you’d know more about your prospects. Learn more about your prospects and audiences to keep the emails relevant.
- Avoid a spammy appearance: One of the most important tips here is that your email doesn’t have to be sales-y. Don’t write just about your brand and your products in the whole email body. Remember that the email doesn’t sound too hyped with capital letters or many exclamation marks.
- Use logic and narratives: It’ll be easier for readers to follow your email if it has good logic in it. This means that there has to be a certain relevancy in the email for them. Moreover, when you write the introduction and email body, use some narratives in them. The email has to look sensible and coherent to the reader.
Email marketers write killer emails to grab people’s attention. These are some out of the box emails that make people take definitive action. This action may be to buy a product from a brand. These emails are also written to connect with some business prospects.
A killer email doesn’t only focus on the right words. Apart from words, you also have to include designs and pictures in your emails. Simple designs won’t really get people’s attention. Therefore, think more about your email designs. You may find many ideas on email marketing tools for these designs.
For writing killer emails, first, you need to conduct some research. When you research, you’ll find out about your readers and their interests. You’ve to know how to write salutations at the start of the email. In the same tone, you’d write the endnote and sign off the email. Do include your information in these emails too. It would help people get in touch with you.
Before you send the email to your readers, make sure that you proofread the entire email. This would ensure that there aren’t any mistakes in your email.
Have you written a killer email for your prospects? What strategies did you use? Did you find our tips and strategies helpful? Tell us in the comments section below!