The success of your customer onboarding process relies on your welcome email. It should be actionable, clear, informative and personal. We bring you the best welcome email examples for you to learn from.
In pochi punti:
- 0.1 What is a Welcome Email?
- 0.2 The Benefits and Importance of Sending a Welcome Email
- 0.3 Creating an Effective Welcome Email Message
- 0.4 Top 7 Welcome Email Formulas
- 0.5 3 Successful Welcome Email Templates
- 0.6 Top 5 Welcome Email Examples
- 0.7 10 Deadly Welcome Email Mistakes To Avoid
- 0.8 Bonus: Welcome Email Template Checklist
- 0.9 In Conclusion
- 1 Invia Gratis fino 15 mila mail.
What is a Welcome An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean...?
A welcome email is the first impression an organisation makes with a new customer, newsletter or blog subscriber.Hubspot.com
Welcome emails are an excellent way to say hello to your customers and subscribers. They can contain sign-up forms, special offers and videos. This helps establish a long-term relationship with the new contact.
A friendly message encourages customers to interact with your brand. If done well, it leads to increased customer retention.
The Benefits and Importance of Sending a Welcome Email
The right welcome message for your email subscribers will bring long-term benefits, including:
- Increased Engagement Rates: Customers who receive a welcome email show 33% more engagement with the brand.
- Better Customer Relationships: 76% of customers expect to receive a welcome email after they’ve subscribed to your list. A sincere “thank you” warms people and helps build trust.
- Increased Sales and Customer Retention: Customers prefer buying products from brands that feel human. They tend to stick to brands that make them feel welcomed.
Creating an Effective Welcome Email Message
This is a piece of cake for expert email marketers. However, if you’re getting started, you’ll need more than a simple subscription form to boost your conversion rates.
It’s important to understand what you need to include in your welcome email template. More specifically, you need to:
- Show genuine appreciation with a “thank you”.
- Remind your recipients what they signed up for and what they should expect.
- Introduce your company and what you offer.
- Provide something valuable to engage your audience.
In short, you’ll need:
- An effective call-to-action (A CTA is a phrase or word designed to get an immediate response from the reader. As the name suggests, it's usually something that involves a precise action performed by...).
- A convincing value proposition and email copy.
- Advanced elements and high-quality visuals to entice your recipients.
- Marketing automation to create an automated welcome workflow.
- An email marketing service with a responsive and easy email builder.
With these in your marketing toolbox, you’ll be able to create a welcome email sequence.
Top 7 Welcome Email Formulas
Image source: https://instapage.com/blog/best-welcome-email-examples
The best welcome email examples show appreciation and sincerity. They show you’re excited to have them join your list. To help you create a welcome email, here are 7 of our favourite welcome email formulas. These formulas will give you the inspiration you need.
#1. Say “Thank you”
Welcome new subscribers by saying “thank you” for opting in to receive your emails. Send a note of thanks to show your appreciation. It can be a simple line of text or creative use of images, GIFs or videos.
#2. Introduce Your Brand
Send a little more information about your brand to new subscribers. This is an excellent way to build trust and initiate engagement. People love to know your story and what values you stand for. Your welcome email is a great place to share this information.
#3. Set Expectations
Share information about the frequency and kind of content of your emails. This will ensure that your emails are being delivered to their inbox and not marked as spam.
#4. Deliver Incentive
Don’t keep your new subscribers waiting! Immediately deliver an incentive. Popular incentives include exclusive offers, promo codes, guides or downloadable content.
To increase your website traffic, share valuable resources with your subscribers. In addition to boosting website traffic, it will encourage readers to learn more about your industry. Add links to relevant videos, guides or blog posts to help readers learn more about the subject.
#6. Stay Connected
To encourage feedback, it’s important to share your contact information. This helps readers reach you in case of any questions or concerns.
#7. Get Social
A link is a connection that let you jump from a webpage to another. It can be attached to pieces of text, images or HTML elements and it's actually a... out to your social media channels and encourage them to connect with you on all these platforms. Include a click-to-tweet to encourage new subscribers to share with their network.
3 Successful Welcome Email Templates
Image source: https://www.nutshell.com/blog/welcome-email-templates
Before we proceed towards welcome email examples, it’s best we look at some of the most successful welcome email templates.
#1. Welcome Email Sent By a Human Being
Companies that present their promotional emails as coming from a real individual (such as the organisation’s CEO) have a 27% higher click-to-open rate.
74% of marketers believe that such emails have higher engagement rates. In addition to that, they deliver 6x higher transactional rates.
Hello [name of the recepient],
I’m [name], CEO of [company name], and I’d like to personally thank you for signing up for our service.
We established [company name], in order to [values/mission of the company].
I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of our [product/service], and if there’s anything we can improve. Please don’t hesitate to write back to this email if you have any questions/concerns. I’d love to help!
[name and designation]
This template will make the recipient feel welcomed. The establishment of a warm, personal tone enables the reader to interact with your company. In addition to that, it’s a perfect way to ask for customer feedback.
#2. The Free Gifts/Goodies Welcome Email
Discounts and offers are effective in boosting sales. They’re a great way to promote sales especially if the user has just signed up. A free product or a discount code will provide immediate value to your user. Giving them an “unexpected gift” is an excellent way to generate loyalty.
Thank you for signing up to [product/service name]!
To show our appreciation and say thank you, we’re giving you 25% off on your first purchase.
Simply use this coupon code at checkout [discount code].
#3. “Thank You for Subscribing” Welcome Email
Send this type of welcome email to visitors who have subscribed to your newsletter. To put your subscriber on a buying path, you need to start nurturing them early on.
An effective strategy to do this is to offer content downloads. Through a “thank you for subscribing” email, you can kill two birds with one stone.
Thank you for signing up for [name of the newsletter]!
As promised, here’s the link for your free [name of the free offering].
[Call to action/link].
If you’re interested in more helpful tips on [subject], visit our resource page/blog [link]. Visit our website [link], to learn more about our products/services.
Feel free to reply to this email if you have any questions, we’re happy to help!
Top 5 Welcome Email Examples
You’ve learnt the importance of welcome emails. You’ve also understood the use of different formulas and templates. Now, it’s time to take inspiration from these welcome email examples and create your own.
Airbnbs welcome email provides clear guidelines. This helps its subscribers understand who they are. It provides clear instructions to their features such as:
- Find a home
- Become a host
- Travel with confidence
- Explore experiences
All the sections are visual that show people are having a good time. The descriptions are relevant and concise, with actionable CTAs.
Their preview text at the beginning of the email, “We brought snacks” gives the reader a friendly vibe.
The preview text is also known as the snippet text. It gives your reader a hint of your brand’s personality even before they’ve opened the email.
What sets their welcome email apart is that they’ve added their founders’ photo along with a message.
This helps the reader feel connected to them and helps establish trust.
#3. Four Seasons
When you hear about Four Seasons, you think of elegance, classiness and luxury. Their welcome email captures all these elements in a friendly manner with a clear CTA.
Elegant and beautiful, this email works because:
- Many contact options are mentioned.
- Elegant email design that’s easy to navigate.
- High-quality visuals to entice and nurture the audience.
- Email copy reflects the brand’s image.
It’s one of the most comfortable shoe brands in the world. They not only create comfortable shoes but also create a special feel at every chance they get.
Their welcome email is no different. It includes:
- The colourful language conveys the message in a friendly manner.
- Includes animated GIFs that are consistent with the email layout.
- Starts with an incredible subject line: “Welcome to the Flock”. It helps build the brand’s playful and friendly tone of voice.
Together, all three elements make for a memorable and authentic brand identity.
#5. Kate Spade
Kate Spade uses a simple but highly effective tactic with their welcome email. They say “Thank You” in big, bold and colourful lettering. By placing it on an envelope they recreate the feeling of receiving an actual thank-you note. Of course, their 15% off discount code doesn’t hurt either!
10 Deadly Welcome Email Mistakes To Avoid
Here are 10 welcome email mistakes that’ll do more harm than good:
- Making the email all about you and not focusing on what the subscriber wants.
- Including passwords in emails.
- Being overwhelming.
- Failing to include elements that build trust. These could be contact options or social media links.
- Including many CTAs.
- Not being clear with who’s the email from.
- Sending long (and boring) emails.
- Sending many welcome emails.
- Poorly designed emails.
- Sending emails that contain spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
Bonus: Welcome Email Template Checklist
Good emails have the same basic anatomy. Use our cheat sheet to create your own welcome email that’ll help you achieve success.
- Start with a warm and welcoming subject line.
- Use a personalized greeting.
- Give a witty, playful, short or funny introduction of your brand.
- Offer a gift, exclusive offer or discount.
- Give clear instructions on what to do next with a CTA.
Whether you’re a multinational enterprise or a small business, starting your subscriber journey with a warm welcome email is the first step to a great customer journey.
Here are the key takeaways from today’s article:
- Introduce yourself in the best possible manner. Tell your story, showcase your products and offer discounts. Celebrate your new subscribers by giving them something valuable.
- Stick to a clear email structure that’s easy to navigate. Include a bright, bold CTA button.
- Include high-quality visuals to create the right effect.
- Incentives matter. Offer free products, discounts, downloadable content to encourage subscribers to buy something.
- Refrain from sending many welcome emails as they might annoy your subscribers.
- Be polite and send a personalised email.
After seeing these formulas, templates and welcome email examples, I bet you’re excited to create your welcome email!
Which welcome email examples did you like the most and why? Let us know in the comments section below!