If you’re a frequent internet user, then you’d digital marketing everywhere around you. In your email inbox, the websites that you browse through, the videos on Instagram, all are a part of digital marketing. This technique of marketing is seen everywhere on the internet. If you get down to the basics of it, it’s complicated. This is because it makes use of many channels.
To make these efforts successful, brands and marketers have to know about certain basics.
First, they’ve to know about the internet. The internet may basically mean a search engine for you if you’re thinking of your website. Here, you’ve to impress the search engine. You’d do it by using many marketing components like search engine optimization and content marketing.
Second, you’ve to think about the people, i.e., your subscribers or users. It’s your responsibility to fulfil their wants and needs. To do that, you’d make use of email marketing or social media marketing. By using these channels, you’ll be able to engage and connect with your users. You can listen to their opinions and feedback. This is where you have the best chance to know about how you can improve as a brand.
Third, you’ve to know about your brand. You’ve to know the brand identity that you want to create for people. There should be something more than just your products that attract people to your business.
In the end, you’re looking for ways that people can trust you. With their trust and your excellent marketing tactics, your brand will naturally grow.
Throughout this article, we’ve included the digital marketing tips and strategies that’ll help your brand. Read till the end to know how popular brands of the world have used this marketing technique.
In pochi punti:
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing refers to those marketing tactics wherein marketers use online tools to market their brands. The most common channels that are used in this type of marketing include websites, social media platforms, and mobile devices. Online marketing started gaining more popularity around the 1900s with the emergence of the internet. Therefore, all the marketing efforts that are included in this type of marketing, all happen on the internet.
To successfully market their products and services, marketers have to make use of many digital marketing elements. Not only that, sometimes, they’ve to combine both online and traditional forms of marketing. This is done for the purpose of promoting the products and understanding user behaviour.
In online marketing, marketers often use different campaigns. All these campaigns make use of different methods to reach the users. Based on these methods, the marketers can define their goals.
For example, using email marketing, you can write emails about your product upgrades. In the emails, you may address those people who’ve bought this product from you. When you’d write an email to them, you can tell them about the changes in the new product. Here, your goal is to let people know about the product changes. Your target audience for this may be different. You may want to target everyone on your mailing list, or you can just target selected users.
These past few years, with more digital problems, online marketing has become even more relevant for brands and marketers. More and more people are becoming a part of the online world. For that reason, brands know that they’ve to shift their focus too.
The best part about this technique of marketing is that there’s scope for creativity here. You can put your best creative minds forward to attract more people to your brand.
Why is Digital Marketing Important?
You’d have observed that many brands are using this marketing tactic to grow their business. Sure, with changing times, people have to change their strategies too. But why is it that these marketing tools make a difference? Well, there are several reasons that brands depend on such tools for their marketing needs.
- If you’re using the traditional marketing tools, then you don’t have control over who’s seeing your ads or content. But with these tools, you may target the people that you need. You can identify the people who’d need your products. Then, you may put your marketing efforts to fulfil their needs.
- With this type of marketing, you can track your campaigns and check their progress. Once you know that certain campaigns work the best for you, you may put your money there. It simply means that you’ll save more by working with digital marketing campaigns. More than that, you may have better ROI too.
- You may also decide where you want to put your money. For instance, if PPC works for your company, then you’d invest more in it. By seeing the size of your company, you should decide what would work the best for you. It’s after that that you may invest in such channels.
- These marketing tools are measurable as well. It doesn’t take you a month’s time to see the results of your campaigns. With the digital tools in your hand, you may check the results whenever you want to. You may simply launch a campaign, and check your results a few hours after the launch.
- Another beneficial aspect of using these tools is that you’ve so many of them. There are certain tools that can fulfil all of your marketing needs. Whereas some tools can be used for specific requirements.
The Best Digital Marketing Strategy
Like many other forms of marketing, here too, you’ve to use the right strategies. It’s a very general rule, if you don’t follow a set plan, things can fall through. Therefore, if you want your efforts to be fruitful, you have to make a plan. After making it, you may decide how you want to execute it.
Below-mentioned are some general steps you should follow to make a successful strategy for digital marketing.
- Goals: When you’re making your strategy, you should first define your goals. Not every marketing campaign of your brand would have the same goals. There would be times when you’d be looking to have more brand awareness. Whereas, there’ll also be those times when you’d want more ROI. For this reason, you should confirm your goals first.
- Target Audience: Then for the next step, you’ve to identify your target audience. This audience may vary depending on the marketing channels you’re opting for. If you want to market to young people, you may use Instagram. But if you’re looking for some professionals or older people, you may use LinkedIn or Facebook.
- Budget: Your digital marketing channels can be both free and paid. For the paid channels, you’d have to keep a clear budget in your mind. You may want to use such channels that would be overall cost-effective for the company. With this, you should also strike a balance between both the paid and free channels.
- Content: Lastly, you’ve to make sure that your content is engaging. If it won’t interest people, then they’d not want to see it. After getting an idea of your budget, you can decide how you want to make the content. You may use blog posts, videos, Instagram reels, and so on.
Top 4 Examples
Such marketing strategies in the digital aren’t only a necessity for small brands. Even bigger and popular brands need this marketing strategy. Like many other brands, their reasons are similar for using this tool. They, too, want to promote their brand and its products and services. However, that’s not all that they do. Using digital platforms, such brands also take steps to spread awareness. With their effort on these platforms, they take part in important decisions that impact people.
Here’s a list of 5 brands that have used these strategies. Look at these digital marketing examples and get inspiration from them.
- National Geographic
One of the most popular publications in the world, National Geographic has used these marketing channels. To engage with younger audiences, Nat Geo makes use of Instagram to make posts and reels. Their Instagram account has more than 200 million followers. It’s safe to say that they’ve leveraged this social media tool correctly.
- J. Crew
J. Crew is a popular clothing brand based in America. For their marketing strategy, they use multiple campaigns. They’ve run paid ad campaigns and they also run a blog. On their blog, they often do some interviews with fashion influencers or models.
American singer and idol, Jennifer Lopez used her social media accounts to run the #InTheMorningChallenge. She started the challenge to promote her newly released song. Her campaign got more than 13 million views. Using this tool, JLo was able to have more engagement with her fans from around the world.
Always is a menstrual hygiene brand based in America. In one of their digital campaigns, they spread some awareness about female health and hygiene. This campaign’s goal wasn’t to promote the product. Rather, they focused on teaching the right practices to females.
Online or digital marketing is a form of marketing that uses online tools to promote a brand. There are many types of online marketing tools. They include email marketing, social media marketing, affiliate marketing, content marketing, and so on.
Brands use multiple of these tools and combine them to make people aware of their brand. To give you a small example, you may use social media and email together to promote a new product. Through the emails, you may let people know about the launch of this product. Then, you may use your Instagram account to show a video of that product.
Many times it happens that one campaign becomes more successful than the others. This doesn’t become a big deal until you see low ROIs on other campaigns. Therefore, for every campaign you do, you should know your goals. Additionally, you’ve to think about the people that you want to target.
Once you know these basic details, you can plan out a clear budget for yourself. You’d only invest in those channels that’ll get you beneficial results. This way, your ROI would only increase. Not just the ROI, you’d also see the difference in the audience reactions. In this way, you’d use a cost-effective technique to bring your users closer to you.
These days, many brands are investing in these marketing campaigns. The reason is that they know that their users are here. Gone are the days when people used the internet only to communicate with their friends. Today, everything happens on the internet. Brands know this very well, so they use these channels to reach more people.
What marketing channels do you use? How do you set your goals? Which marketing tool works the best for you? Tell us in the comments below!