Now that the summer season is making its way into your lives again, it’s time to change your marketing campaigns. The marketing ideas that you’ve been using for the cold winter months won’t get you anything for the summer. Your summer marketing campaigns require excitement and energy. This is because that’s the natural summer vibe that people feel in these months.
People feel excited to go out and hang out with their friends and families. The people who’ve been working out in the last months, finally have that summer body. So obviously, they want to wear clothes that show their curves and muscles. It’s this sentiment of the people that you want to pay attention to. All your marketing efforts in the end are for the people. If you don’t know what people want, you won’t be successful in your campaigns.
The best part about these months is that there are too many opportunities that you’ve. Unfortunately, if you forget about one event, there’s another one that’s lined up. However, you won’t forget all these important events if you’ve certain strategies planned ahead of the summer times. This means that even before the summer season arrives, you should know what you’ve to do.
Ask your colleagues about the important events that’d be lined up in your city in the summer months. You and your co-workers should discuss the way you can promote your brand at these events.
It may happen that your town has an art show in the upcoming months. In that art show, you may collaborate with the artists. This way, you’d be showing your support to them, and people would also get to know about you.
Read more in this article to know about more such tips that are essential for an effective marketing campaign.
In pochi punti:
What Is Summer Marketing?
Summer is knocking on your doors, which means you’ve to make marketing campaigns for this season.
Marketing in summer means what it actually says. You’re promoting and marketing your products in the summer season. There’s nothing more or less into it. It sounds pretty easy as well because by now you’re a marketing expert.
But that’s where you’re wrong. Many marketing campaigns do follow a similar set of instructions. Even then, there are certain elements that are different in all of them. In your email campaigns, you’ve to pay attention to subject lines. Whereas, in your social media campaigns, you’ve to know about the relevant hashtags.
When it comes to summer marketing campaigns, the most important element is the summer vibe. You’ve to observe people’s behaviour when you’re making your campaigns. It’s advised that you should plan ahead with your marketing tactics. How would you do that if you had to observe their behaviour?
Well, this is where you’re wrong again. If you’re social media savvy, then you must see people talking about summers in winters and vice versa. This is how you’d be able to understand people’s behaviour. Use your social media to research what people are talking about. Then use the results of that research in your marketing campaigns.
For example, many people talk about how they want to have a toned body for the summer. If your brand promotes healthy eating, then you may use this opportunity. You can address all these people and tell them the benefits of healthy eating. In addition to that, you may even break the myth that healthy food tastes bland. When you’re creating such content, make sure that you target people’s sentiments in the right way.
The Best Summer Marketing Strategies
In the summer times, you may feel that your marketing efforts won’t mean much since people don’t pay much attention. Nevertheless, for promoting and growing your brand, you’ve to make use of many possibilities that come your way.
- In your marketing tactics, you should make use of summer emoticons. When you’re sending emails to your customers about a new product or an offer, put them in your subject lines. Not only the emoticons, but even your subject line should also be relevant to the summer theme.
- Pay attention to your social media accounts. Make use of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram because people do see your posts all the time. The one thing that you’ve to remember is that these posts should be relevant. It’s the summertime, so people will pay attention to what’s relevant at that time. Use a good sense of humour in your social media posts.
- In all the content that you post on your website and your blogs, make use of the summer theme. For example, in your blog posts, you may give people tips on how to beat the summer heat with home remedies. You may post videos on how to wear stylish clothes in the summer season.
- When you’re planning for your summer marketing campaigns, do remember the holidays of the season. There’s pride month in June and on the 19th of June people observe Juneteenth. On 4th July, there’s Independence Day. Make sure that your campaigns talk about these important occasions.
- Many people look forward to these sales and promotions. You may use some sales and promotions during these months. For instance, on July 4th you can offer people 50% off on certain products. So, you should mention these sales in your emails and newsletters. Also mention how these products would benefit people.
Top 5 Summer Marketing Ideas
There have been many successful marketing campaigns around the summer seasons in the past. In all these campaigns, the marketers knew their goals and they set out a definite plan for themselves. Each of these brands followed a strategy that represented their company, and it worked well for them.
Listed down below are these examples which will give you an idea of effective marketing in the summer season.
Beauty Counter is an American brand that sells skin care products. To boost its SEO, Beauty Counter wrote blog posts with summer-related keywords in them. Thinking of topics isn’t easy like that. But they did it by thinking about what their users must be thinking at that time.
Based in America, Patagonia is a clothing company. For their summer marketing campaign, the brand used many summer related marketing words and phrases. Most of these words used puns in them. People like puns because they’re clever. Naturally, people engaged more with the brand.
Marmot is an American brand that sells sporting gear and clothes. This brand took the advantage of summer competitions for their marketing campaign. They ran a social media contest to interest people. They said that the winners of the competition will get to work in collaboration with industry experts.
Everlane used the idea of a summer sale for their marketing campaign. To let people know about the sale, they made people aware through emails. In their email campaign, they used the right humour that was beneficial for them, as people liked this effort.
Pretty Little Thing
Visuals are important in the summer season as well. Pretty Little Thing changed the outlook of its website as the summer season began. They gave people a summery vibe with pictures of palm trees and beaches.
4 Tips for a Successful Campaign
Your marketing campaign in the summer needs extra efforts to be counted as successful. It’s because summer is that time of the year when people get out of their houses more often than not. If you’re an offline as well as an online store, then you should pay attention to both of them. There are many opportunities that you should leverage this season.
Following are some helpful tips that you’ll need for your summer campaigns.
- Include Kids: It’s the summer season, so obviously, the kids are home and enjoying themselves. This gives you a chance to include kids in your campaigns. More than that, you may even do something for them. Through your campaign, you can give them time to learn and have fun.
- Summer Giveaways: Your customers would really appreciate the summer giveaways that you do. In this season, there are many products that you can hold a giveaway for. If you’re a clothing company, then you may host a giveaway for cool summer dresses. When you post about the giveaway on your social media platform, do remember to include summer-related hashtags.
- Events: Following the summer theme, you may host many cool events. Through these events, you’d be able to thank your customers and appreciate them for their support. You can host an open mic night or a stand-up comedy event. This would give you a chance to know more about each other and about your customers as well.
- Outdoor Shop: If you’re an offline store, then you set up an outdoor shop. This would be just outside your actual shop. Here, you can keep a few items that people can look at when they’re walking around the town. You should be welcoming and communicate well with people. This way, people would be more interested in buying your products.
If you’re a small business and want to grow your business well, then you’ve to use all the chances that you get. You can’t just make high-quality products and do little engagement with people and call it a day. The world is changing faster than ever before. In order to keep up with the pace of the world, you’ve to move with everyone.
One of the best ways you can promote your business successfully is by having summer marketing campaigns. These are the campaigns in which you make use of summer vibes and themes to attract more people. There are some general themes that you follow during this time. But you’ve to do a little more than that if you want your efforts to count.
First, you’ve to know what people are interested in. You’ve to carefully observe and research what people are talking about. You may even ask them about it. Using your social media accounts, you may do a poll. By doing this, you’d be able to gain many helpful insights about what people are feeling in general.
Thereafter, you’ve to think of your marketing strategy. Think about your goals and think about how you’d be able to connect more with your users. With a well-developed strategy, you’d have a successful campaign. When you’re making this strategy, it’d be helpful if you’d look at some previous campaigns.
There are many famous companies in the world who’ve made use of this marketing technique for their brand. You may study their examples to come up with your campaign ideas. You can host giveaways, host competitions, and write blog posts.
Have you made a summer marketing campaign? Did you like the tips we mentioned? What ideas did you use in your campaigns? Tell us in the comments below and…