Customer acquisition is a pretty easy concept in marketing. After all, in order to sell more, you need to get more customers.
But how can you do that? In a very saturated digital world, how can you stand out from the crowd and make your brand recognizable and worthy of a potential customer’s trust?
Here we’ll try to help you through email marketing startegies, best practices and examples.
In pochi punti:
- 0.1 Definition of customer acquisition
- 0.2 Email marketing is key
- 0.3 Build your potential audience
- 0.4 Your ace up the sleeve in customer acquisition
- 0.5 Some practical examples
- 0.6 Some other tips and tricks for customer acquisition
- 0.7 Make the process easier (for you and for them)
- 0.8 Will you need to invest money?
- 0.9 Artificial and human intelligence in customer acquisition
- 0.10 How to plan a succesful email marketing campaign
- 0.11 Need a professional help?
- 0.12 In conclusion
- 1 Invia Gratis fino 15 mila mail.
Definition of customer acquisition
It’s the process of gaining new leads and turn them into buying customers. Yes, it’s as simple as that. You grow your audience, nurture your leads and create a loyal base of followers/customers.
That’s simple on page, isn’t it? But internet is a crowded space where users are bombarded with messages and inputs from every kind of companies. You need to stand out and make them love you.
An email (or electronic mail) is a method of exchanging communications through the internet. It is one of the most used features on the web and the number one mean... marketing is key
When answering the question of what is customer acquisition in 2020, it seems pretty clear that you need to take your strategies on the web.
As such, email marketing is still the most powerful tool you got. Remember, every internet user checks their emails at least once a day. This is a spectacular way to enter their everyday lives without being intrusive.
You should know and master every single news about email marketing in order to get to know your average customer and conquer them.
Build your potential audience
There several ways in which you can obtain a potential customer’s informations. First of all, attract them on the internet through a well-written, SEO-oriented, easy to navigate website.
Then ask them to follow you on social media and create a strong and united virtual community. Every person needs to feel valued and directly addressed by your messages in order to trust you.
Analize your audience: what’s their age group, their geographical location, their habits when surfing the web? Get to know them carefully through powerful tools such as Google Webmaster Tool, your WordPress site statystics, Google Analytics.
Your ace up the sleeve in customer acquisition
You know what most successfull businesses do when working towards customer acquisition? They give back.
You can be tempted to ask web users to give something to you: their email address; their personal data; ultimately their money. And what are you willing to give them in exchange?
For instance, try different freebies and resources. Share your epertise in your professional field through ebooks, articles, charts, advices. Become their personal advisor in that particular aspect of their everyday life. Solve their problems before they ask you to do so.
Some practical examples
Here are some examples of the most successful strategies for customer acquisition:
- Educate your audience. If you want to sell your product or service, show off your expertise in the field. Share important news, tips and tricks, blogposts that can be valuable for them and make you look like the smartest guy in the room.
- Make them feel loved. The most common mistake when working with email marketing is to address you massage to everyone and no one in particular. Try to customize your emails, call your customers by name, segment them based on their habits.
- Promise an upgrade. Everyone likes to feel special and your customers are no exeption. Give them an upgrade if they subscribe to your newsletter or follow you on social media. This will increase your conversion rate by up to 500%!
- Run a contest. Your customers want to feel like they are a part of something bigger, remember? So make them feel valued and important for your brand. For instance, ask them to create a visual piece to represent your brand values and share the most beautiful ones on your social media.
- Ask for their feedback. Customer acquisition means nothing if they have a bad experience with you and never come back. So send them a little questionnaire after their first purchase. Ask them what works and what not, what they love and what can be improved in your product and your brand.
Some other tips and tricks for customer acquisition
It will be very difficult for the average user to subscribe to your newsletter, if the form is hidden somewhere in the website. Make it visible and easy to use.
Also, put you call to action front and center in DEMs, newsletters and social media posts. Conduct AB tests to analyze the best strategies for customer acquisition that maximize your conversion rate and your sales.
Make the process easier (for you and for them)
Email marketing for customer acquisition can be a time-consuming task. You need to curate the contact lists, personalize each message, study the users’ response.
Several services offer different tools and strategies for customer acquisition through email marketing automation. They automatically clean your contact lists, avoid spammy-looking words, segment your audience and send them the right message at the right time.
Will you need to invest money?
Of course every detailed campaign needs a certain amount of investment in terms of time, resources and money, too.
The cost of customer acquisition can be zero if you only use organic strategies. For example, a clear and direct call to action and a SEO-oriented campaign can certainly help you.
A more serious and successful strategy toward customer acquisition, though, needs a little investment. You don’t need a lot of money to create a good digital marketing project, but you do need professional help and tools.
Artificial and human intelligence in customer acquisition
When you work with a lot of different clients and users, you may need to automate some processes, but never forget you are talking to real people.
Make your connection with them feel as personal and real as possibile, using softwares and strategies that show your values. Remember storytelling is always a powerful device.
People receive an average of 121 commercial emails a day. You need to stand out sharing personal stories, feeling relatable while still keeping your professional persona.
How to plan a succesful email marketing campaign
With the ultimate goal of boosting your customer acquisition, there are some general rules you can always apply to email marketing.
- Respect your users’ privacy. Personal data and digital privacy are regulated by different norms and laws in every specific Country. Be sure to respect your customer’s boundaries and personal informations.
- Respond to users’ actions. Through transactional emails, you respond to a specific action users make on your website. For example, welcome them when they apply; thank them after a purchase; suggest another product they will probably like.
- Analyze everything. Email automation softwares and marketing companies allow you to measure every single data from your users’ experience. Use stats and informations to constantly adjust your campaigns.
Need a professional help?
When you set up your email campaign, you need to manage a lot of things. Turn to a trusted digital marketing company to help you every step of the way.
Customer acquisition is not an easy task: be sure to rely on the right people to manage your online presence and personal branding.
Mailsenpai offers several services, from email marketing automation to search engine optimization to social media management in order to acquire more leads and turn them into buying customers.
If you’ve never heard of customer acquisition before, you now have a clear idea of what it is and how to improve it for your brand. This is a complex set of online and offline strategies that will give you more credibility and a crowd of loyal customers.
Contact us to know more about our services and follow Mailsenpai’s News & Tips to always be up-to-date with the news.